DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank FAQ & Help
Online Account Opening via DBS iWealth® app
With a DBS Treasures Multi-Currency Savings Account, you can:
- Diversify your savings options with a choice of up to 14 currencies;
- Take advantage of favorable movements in foreign exchange rates by converting your deposits without hassle;
- Enjoy the convenience of receiving foreign currency deposits directly to your account.
With a Wealth Management Account, you can:
- Grow your wealth by investing in equities, bonds, investment funds, designated structured investment products;
- Enjoy our Online Equity Trade service with access of up to 7 international stock markets with DBS iWealth®;
- Make FX trades any time1 of day or night at preferential rates by using DBS iWealth® app or DBS iBanking;
- Access to the online Financial Need Analysis (FNA) and enable us to provide you with more relevant investment services.
To join DBS Treasures on DBS iWealth® app, make sure you are:
- New to DBS or existing DBS Credit Card Customer
- Hong Kong Permanent Resident aged 18 or above
- Not a US Resident, US citizen or holding a US Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- For new Smart HKID holders, you may apply via DBS iWealth® app and complete account opening at our branches in Hong Kong SAR.
If you do not meet the above requirements to apply via the app, please make an appointment to open your account at our branch.
Simply search for DBS iWealth® HK from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download it to start your application journey. For the best experience, we recommend iOS 8 and Android 6 or above. Devices such as iPhone 5, LG V30, V40, LG-H961N, Mi MIX 2S, Mi Mix 3 and Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra are not recommended.
All information, including your HKID photo, selfie photos, personal information, User ID and password, will be encrypted throughout the transmission. Information collected will be used for account opening purposes only.
It takes 10 minutes to complete the application journey via the DBS iWealth® app.
You will need the following:
- Permanent Hong Kong Identity Card
- Residential address proof within the last 3 months
You might also need to submit the following additional document(s):
- Employer’s Consent, if you are employed under a financial institution;
- A Tax Declaration Form, if you are a tax resident of a country/jurisdiction other than Hong Kong;
- Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the US, if you were previously a US citizen, resident or Green Card holder.
You will need to upload a full image of your residential address proof.
Examples of address proof are:
- A recent utility bill issued within the last 3 months,
- A statement issued within the last 3 months by regulated financial institutions,
- Mobile phone or pay TV statement issued within the last 3 months.
You can upload the required document(s) in GIF, JPG, TIF, PDF files up to 5MB.
This helps us to validate your HKID and verify that you are the HKID card holder.
Here are some tips to capture your selfie:
- Make sure the camera is leveled with your face
- Make sure the selfie is taken against a plain background
- Sufficient lighting, avoid backlighting
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Avoid wearing sun glasses, hat
- Camera needs to be focus
- Ensure only your face is in the picture
You can save your application during the process and resume it within 90 days after your User ID is created by logging in to the DBS iWealth® app. After your account is successfully opened, you can also enjoy both online and mobile banking services by logging in with the same User ID and password.
Yes. After creating your User ID and Password, your application is saved and can be resumed on another mobile phone.
The application will only be available for 90 days for completion and submission. After this duration, you will need to start a new application.
If you have forgotten your User ID or Password, you cannot retrieve them, nor resume your application via DBS iWealth® app. Please visit branch to join DBS Treasures.
You can contact our 24-hour dedicated Customer Service Hotline at 2290 8812 for enquiries or assistance.
Is the account instantly ready after I completed the account opening application via DBS iWealth® app?
After you have completed the application via DBS iWealth® app, you will receive an email notification once your account has successfully been opened.
In some cases, we may contact you for more information or documents. We will notify you of the application status two working days after your application submission.
You can start enjoying the banking services once you have deposited money via either one of the methods below:
- Online funds transfer from other local bank accounts registered in your name; or
- Cheque deposits at a DBS teller counter using the cheque in your name; or
- Cash deposits at a DBS teller counter with HKID verification.
Can I deposit money into the newly opened DBS accounts from my other local bank accounts via Faster Payment System (FPS)?
You can register for FPS to receive funds via the DBS iWealth® app in a few simple steps:
Step 1: Log in to DBS iWealth® app
Step 2: Go to Settings > Transfer Settings
Step 3: Click “Register” at your mobile number or email address, and set DBS as Default Receiving Bank
Step 4: Follow on-screen instructions and complete registration
After successful FPS registration, you can then log in to other local banks’ internet banking or mobile banking app to perform online funds transfer and send money to your mobile number or email address registered with FPS.
Please click here for step-by-step guide.
After your initial fund in, you can apply for your ATM card via the DBS iWealth® app at your first login. You will receive your ATM card within 5 working days. Upon receiving your ATM card, you can activate your ATM via DBS iWealth® app. You can also apply for the ATM card at any of our branches.
You will be assigned a RM after you have successfully deposited HK$1,000,000 into your accounts.
Once we’ve assigned the designated RM to you, we will notify you of the contact details of your designated RM via SMS. Alternatively, you can check the contact details of your RM by logging in to DBS iWealth® app.
Accounts of other currencies will be created automatically once you transfer funds from your account to that designated currency.
It usually takes up to 1 working day for us to review your application. You will receive an email/SMS once your Wealth Management Account is open. You can transfer money from your Multi-Currency Savings Account to your Wealth Management Account to start investing.
Yes. With one account, you can trade equities in Hong Kong, Singapore, U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia and United Kingdom. If you would like to trade in the U.S. and Canada markets, please submit a W-8BEN form at any of our branches.
If you select “eStatement and paper statement” when joining DBS Treasures via DBS iWealth® app, you will start receiving paper statements and advices after your Wealth Management Account is successfully opened. You’ll only receive electronic statements for your Multi-Currency Savings Account until your Wealth Management Account is opened. You can update your statement and advice preferences via DBS iBanking anytime.
During the account opening process, I received some SMS messages. How can I identify if these SMS are sent by DBS?
You will receive an SMS from the following phone numbers: 852 6496 7801 0201, 852 6496 7801 0202, 852 5337 6201 or 852 6457 9403.
Get started with DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank
DBS Treasures, DBS Treasures Private Client and DBS Private Banking clients can apply/register for DBS iWealth® whilst other DBS Personal Banking customers and Credit Card customers can apply/register for DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank in one of the following ways:
- Register through DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank or DBS iBanking:
- Get ready your:
ATM card number and ATM PIN, or
Credit Card number and Card Expiry Date, or
Cashline Card number and Card Expiry Date
- Go to DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank app or DBS iBanking login page and click "Register" to register for the service
Start using DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank app or DBS iBanking service as soon as your registration is completed
- Get ready your:
- Apply at a DBS branch:
- Complete the DBS iBanking Application Form and return it to any of our branches
- Please click the "Register" button on the DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank or DBS iBanking login page on the next business day and then use the Initial Username or Secure Device^ to complete the activation procedure.
If you are a joint name account customer, please visit any of our branches and apply for DBS iBanking service.
You can retrieve your username via DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank. Please click Forgot "Username" on the login page to retrieve username.
Get ready your:
- ATM Card number and ATM PIN, or
- Credit Card number and Card Expiry Date, or
- Cashline Card number and Card Expiry Date, or
- Secure Device
You may also contact our 24-hour Customer Service Hotline at (852) 2290 8888 or complete and return the DBS iBanking Service Request Form to any of our branches to retrieve your username.
You can reset your password via DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank. Please click Forgot "Password" on the login page to reset it.
Get ready your:
- ATM Card number and ATM PIN, or
- Credit Card number and Card Expiry Date, or
- Cashline Card number and Card Expiry Date, or
- Secure Device
You may also complete and return the DBS iBanking Service Request Form to any of our branches to reset your password.
DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank is a free service provided by our bank. Service charges will only be levied for designated services. For details, please refer to our Bank Charges Schedule.
However, your telecommunications service providers may impose data charges. Please check with your service providers for details.
All you need is any Apple iPhone with iOS10.0 or higher, or an Android device running v6 or higher.
Simply download the DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
You can access DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank wherever your mobile device connects to the Internet. Please be reminded that data roaming charges may apply. For details, please contact your telecommunication service providers.
DBS Treasures, DBS Treasures Private Client and DBS Private Banking clients can enjoy the following 5 innovations at DBS iWealth®:
- Trade in 7 international equity markets* and FX 24x71
- Get the full picture with the Dashboard in complete clarity
- Portfolio Overview and Analysis*
- A comprehensive range of Customised Price Alerts and Investment-related Notifications
- Research and Proprietary Insights
In addition to the improved layout with more intuitive navigation, our DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank comes with these exciting new features:
- Peek Balance: Check your balance in one swipe. No login required!
- Fingerprint Login: Log in to your account securely with just your fingerprint.
- Single-view Dashboard: We're sparing you the hassle – you can now view all your accounts in a single dashboard!
- Quicklinks: Access your frequently-used services with the new drag and drop quick links function.
- Personalized Profile: Customize your own profile with a picture or nickname.
- Payee List: View all your payees right from the dashboard page and manage them on the go.
Plus, you can continue to enjoy these key services:
- Check account balances, Wealth Management Investment Portfolio*, and Transaction History
- Transfer funds to self-named accounts within DBS
- Transfer funds to registered or non-registered accounts in DBS or other local banks
- Pay bills
- Trade local securities
- Open time deposit account and change time deposit maturity instruction
- View e-Coupon
*For DBS Private Bank, DBS Treasures Private Client and DBS Treasures customers with Wealth Management Investment Portfolio
1Foreign Exchange can be conducted 24x7 in Wealth Management Accounts and from 00:00-23:30 in Multi-Currency Savings Accounts. Cross currency transactions between a Wealth Management Account and a Multi-Currency Account are accepted within the service hours of 09:00-21:00, Monday to Friday. For more details, please refer to www.dbs.com.hk/ibanking/ft-time1.html.
One Time Password
An OTP is a security feature in DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank, a password sent by us to your registered mobile phone number via Short Message Service (SMS). An OTP is required when you perform designated transactions through DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank.
The SMS will not be forwarded to any other mobile phone numbers, even if you have signed up for SMS forwarding with a Hong Kong telecommunication service provider.
With the implementation of the Secure Device, depending on the services you need, you are required to use SMS OTPs and/or the Secure Device to authenticate your transactions.
Please click here for more information.
You may follow these steps:
- Register online:
- You would need to register your mobile phone number for receiving OTPs when you register for DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank
- An SMS OTP will be sent to your registered mobile phone number. You will be required to enter the SMS OTP for verification. Alternatively, if you are a DBS account customer and update your mobile phone number, we will send you a Security Code by registered mail to verify the mobile phone number
- Once you have received the Security Code, simply log in to DBS iBanking and enter the code to complete the mobile phone number registration
- Register at a DBS ATM: (not applicable to customers with DBS credit cards and/or Cashline cards only)
- Insert your DBS ATM card and enter your ATM PIN.
- Choose "Donation / Other" and then "OTP Registration / Update".
- Enter the mobile phone number you want to use to receive OTPs.
If your ATM card is a joint-name ATM card, please complete the DBS iBanking Application Form and return it to any of our branches.
- Register at a DBS branch:
complete the DBS iBanking Application Form and return it to any of our branches to register your number.
The OTP expires 100 seconds after it is issued. If you are not able to enter the OTP and log on to DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank before it expires, you can click on "Request a new OTP" on the OTP input page.
If you are not able to confirm the transaction before the OTP expires, you can request a new OTP at the OTP authorisation page, and then enter the new OTP to confirm that transaction again.
The Secure Device, on top of the current SMS One Time Password ("SMS OTP"), is implemented as an additional gateway to enhance internet and mobile banking security.
It is designed for tightening the authentication process. For certain internet and mobile banking transactions that require a higher level of authentication, security clearance is further enhanced with the simultaneous use of SMS OTP and Secure Device.
Please click here to find out the mode of authentication required for various types of banking services.
If you are an existing DBS iBanking customer, you may request for a Secure Device through DBS iBanking (just click on "Request", then "New Secure Device") or at any of our branches in Hong Kong.
It is free of charge for first time applications for the Secure Device and for replacements due to out of battery. In case of loss, theft or malfunctioning of the Secure Device, a fee of HK$100 will be charged for a replacement of the Secure Device.
If you do not activate the Secure Device, you will not be allowed to perform certain transactions on DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank. You can log in to DBS iWealth®/ DBS digibank, go to “Settings” > “Activate Secure Device” and activate the Secure Device anytime.
Fingerprint or Face ID Login
Your fingerprint is your password. With fingerprint login, accessing your accounts is faster, easier and more secure.
Fingerprint login is available on Touch ID enabled Apple smartphone running on iOS 9.0 or higher and fingerprint enabled and designated Android smartphone operating on v6.0 or higher. To learn how to set up this feature, click here.
For technical support of Apple iPhone Touch ID, please refer to Apple’s article If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad.
For technical support of Android Fingerprint Login, please refer to the website of the relevant Android Smartphone Brand.
Yes. You can enable Face ID under Personalization Settings in DBS digibank on iPhone X or later.
To use Face ID in DBS digibank, you will need to turn on Face ID for digibank in your iOS Settings.
We will provide app updates to support the latest models of mobile devices from time to time. You are advised to update the DBS digibank app once available for best experience.
For features and usage of Face ID, please refer to Apple’s article About Face ID advanced technology.
I'm using Touch ID to log in to DBS digibank on my current phone. Can I use Face ID automatically when I switch to iPhone X or later?
You can check the account balance and transaction history of the following types of account:
- Investment Fund Account
- Securities Account
- Investment ID Account
- Current Account
- Savings Account
- Save & Cheque Account
- Multi-currency Savings Account
- Renminbi Savings Account
- New Generation Easy Saver Plan
- Time Deposit Account
- Credit Card
- Cashline Revolving Loan Account
- Personal Instalment Loan
- Salaries Tax Loan
- Home Loan Account
Would there be any difference in the registered accounts linked to DBS iBanking and DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank?
Would there be any difference in the “My Payee List” on DBS iBanking and “Payee List” on DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank?
Trade Local Securities (DBS digibank)
The following functions are available:
- Place Order
- Order Status
- Transaction History
- Market Information
You are able to trade in Hong Kong market only.
After you have entered and confirmed your instruction, a reference number will be provided. This only acknowledges the Bank's receipt of your instruction. There is no guarantee that your instruction will be processed or executed in the market. Your instruction may be rejected or not be executed due to fluctuations in stock price, insufficient market liquidity, system delayed/failure or any other event beyond the control of the Bank. You can check the status of your instruction under “Order Status” of “Securities Trading”.
As the initial order remains queuing in the market pending processing notwithstanding subsequent placement of an amendment order or cancellation order, such amendment order or cancellation order may not be transacted or processed. You are advised to check your order status under “Order Status” of “Securities Trading”.
Please refer to our Bank Charges Schedule.
- DBS digibank under 'Trade Local Securities' > 'Order Status'; or
- Phone Banking Services Hotline (852) 2290 8888
The meaning of the order status is summarised below for your easy reference:
Order Status: Pending
Details: Your instruction is received but not yet sent to the market. If your instruction cannot be sent to the market or cannot be accepted by the market after the market opens, the status will be changed to 'Rejected'.
Order Status: Queuing (from 09:00 until the market opens on a trading day)
Details: Your instruction is received but is pending to be sent to the market. The status will be changed to 'Rejected' if your instruction cannot be sent to the market or cannot be accepted by the market after the market opens.
Order Status: Queuing (after the market opens on a trading day)
Details: Your instruction has been sent to the market for queuing. You can check 'Order Status' and register for 'Securities Order Confirmation' to obtain the latest status of your order. For amendment order or cancellation order, your instruction may not be processed in the market.
Order Status: Executed
Details: Order has been executed according to your instruction.
Order Status: Partially Executed
Details: Your order has been executed partially and the unexecuted quantity will be stored in the system for queuing until the market closes. If the order cannot be fully executed by the time of market closes, the unexecuted quantity will be cancelled. The status of such order will then be changed to 'Executed'.
Order Status: Cancelled
Details: Order has been successfully cancelled according to your instruction or automatically cancelled at the day-end when the market closes.
Order Status: Rejected (placing new order)
Details: Your instruction has been rejected. It cannot be sent to the market or cannot be accepted by the market. You can check ‘Order Status and Transaction History’ and register for ‘Securities Order Confirmation’ to obtain the latest status of your order. You can place a new order if you wish.
Order Status: Rejected (amending order/cancelling order)
Details: Your instruction has been rejected. It cannot be sent to the market or cannot be accepted by the market. You can check ‘Order Status and Transaction History’ and register for ‘Securities Order Confirmation’ to obtain the latest status of your order.
The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (SEHK), a wholly-owned subsidiary of HKEx, and Shanghai Stock Exchange established mutual order-routing connectivity and related technical infrastructure to enable investors of their respective market to trade designated equity securities listed in the other’s market. For more details, please refer here.
Yes. Under Shanghai Hong Kong Stock Connect, the stock settlement date (T+0) and the cash settlement date (T+1) do not fall on the same day. For details, please refer to here.
Trade Local Securities and Overseas Stocks (DBS iWealth®)
DBS Online Trading Platform is a new DBS online platform on DBS iWealth® and DBS iBanking offered to our customers for trading of equities through their Securities Account under the DBS Private Bank Master Agreement (for DBS Private Bank Clients) / Wealth Management Securities Account under the DBS Treasures Private Client Terms and Conditions (for DBS Treasures Private Clients ) / Wealth Management Securities Account under the Terms and Conditions for Accounts under Wealth Management Investment Portfolio (Wealth Management Accounts) (for DBS Treasures).
You are able to trade in seven major markets of Hong Kong, Singapore, United States of America, Canada, Japan, Australia and the United Kingdom. You can access the trading platform via DBS iWealth®/DBS iBanking anytime anywhere to view your portfolio and place trades in any of the seven major markets. You can choose the eligible portfolios displayed to be the designated account for your online purchase and sale of equities through the Bank. Equities traded through DBS Online Trading Platform will be treated as part of your assets under management with the Bank.
For more information, please click here.
You can change the maturity instruction of your time deposit through the function of " Change Maturity Instructions " under Place Time Deposit in DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank. Change of maturity instruction through DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank will only be accepted if the instruction is given at least 1 business day before the maturity date. If you would like to change the maturity instruction on the maturity date, please visit any of our branches for further enquiry.
Why is there a pop-up asking me to register my device when I log into DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank application?
You can view the coupons before logging in to DBS digibank or after logging in to DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank. If you want to redeem your coupon, please log in to DBS iWealth®/DBS digibank and press “Redeem Now”. Coupons will be marked as “Used Coupons” after they have been shown once. We suggest you click and show your coupon to the staff of the merchant only upon redemption of the coupon to avoid making it void before actually using it.