Your transactions and information are protected by industrial strength security technology that is used by leading banks. DBS also implements a series of other security solutions like routers, firewalls and intrusion detection systems to safeguard your interests.
In addition, we continually take proactive steps to ensure that our security solutions are in line with enhancements and advancements in the industry. As the end-user, you also play a key role in safeguarding your account information and transactions.
Please take some time to read through the following important information:
Security Quick Tips
- The username and password of your DBS iBanking, DBS digibank, DBS iWealth® or DBS Omni should be difficult to guess. Do not use easily accessible personal information such as your telephone number or date of birth in your passwords.
- Never use the same DBS iBanking, DBS digibank, DBS iWealth® or DBS Omni password for other financial or non-financial web-based services such as for email, online shopping, digital identity and other online subscription services.
- Never store your username and password in or keep them with any devices. Make sure you disguise them if you write them down.
- Keep your username and password confidential at all times. Do not let anyone else use them.
- Never reveal your One Time Password, or Secure PIN generated by Secure Device or Digital Token.
- Regularly change your DBS iBanking, DBS digibank, DBS iWealth® or DBS Omni password.
- Log off your online session every time after use.
- Do not install suspicious software or applications from un-authenticated sources or third-party platforms on the Internet.
- Avoid using shared/public computer (e.g. computers at coffee shops / libraries) or devices to log in to DBS iBanking, DBS digibank, DBS iWealth® or DBS Omni.
- Never leave your device unattended.
- Keep your Secure Device in a safe place.
- Clear your browser’s cache and history after each session.
- Set a passcode / lock screen pattern for your mobile phone that is difficult to guess. Activate the auto-lock function.
- Use the latest versions of operating system, applications and browser. Do not use mobile phone / tablet which is jailbroken / rooted.
- Install mobile applications from Apple App Store or Google Play Store only.
- Review application permissions and ensure permissions requested are appropriate for the type of application being downloaded.
- Install and regularly update anti-virus or anti-malware software.
- Consider downloading an ad blocker to enable the device’s browser to block advertisements and pop-ups.
- Keep your login and biometric credentials (such as fingerprint) used to unlock your device safe and secure to prevent unauthorised use of your device.
- Always read the authentication message carefully, including the transaction details, date and time, before authenticating any transaction with your Digital Token.
- Ensure adequate security (e.g. choose encrypted network and avoid using public Wi-Fi) for wireless network and devices, and take extreme caution when accessing public Wi-Fi connections. Regularly remove unnecessary Wi-Fi connection settings.
- Turn off any wireless network functions (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC) and contactless mobile payment features (e.g. payment apps) when not in use to reduce the risk of electronic pick-pocketing.
- Always connect to DBS iBanking by typing our web address https://www.dbs.com.hk, bookmarking it for subsequent access or via the official DBS digibank mobile app or DBS iWealth®. Always connect to DBS Omni by typing our web address https://cards.dbs.com.hk , bookmarking it for subsequent access or via the official DBS Omni mobile app.
- Check your account and transaction history details regularly.
- Check our SMS messages and e-mail notifications in a timely manner.
- Notify us immediately by calling 2290 8888 (press 6 and then 1, after language selection) in case of any suspicious last logon time for DBS iBanking, DBS digibank or DBS iWealth®, unusual transactions or situations (e.g. suspicious pop-up screens or abnormal login steps). Notify us immediately by calling 2290 8802 in case of any suspicious last logon time for DBS Omni, unusual transactions or situations (e.g. suspicious pop-up screens or abnormal login steps).
- Update us via DBS iBanking or branches as soon as possible when you change your contact details.
- Do not open or click on hyperlinks in SMS, MMS, or e-mail messages from unknown or suspicious sources.
- Do not open unsolicited e-mails and their attachments.
- Do not input login credential via any hyperlink embedded in an email. We or our business partners / agents will not send you emails with embedded hyperlinks or QR code that direct you to our login page of DBS iBanking, DBS digibank, DBS iWealth® or DBS Omni.
- Do not disclose your sensitive personal information via suspicious calls. We will not ask for your sensitive personal information such as your password and One Time Password via phone calls or emails.
- Do not forward any of our SMS or e-mails which you might use to access DBS iBanking, DBS digibank, DBS iWealth® or DBS Omni to another device or email address.
For more online security information, please visit the Security & You section of DBS Singapore website.
Additionally, for more digital security tips published by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, please click here.