Not received the purchased / subscribed goods or services
You should check with the merchant for the reason of not providing the goods or services for which you have purchased / subscribed.
You should check with the merchant for the reason of not providing the goods or services for which you have purchased / subscribed, and try to resolve the dispute with the merchant.
If the merchant is unwilling to provide the purchased / subscribed goods or services or unable to provide so because of its cease of business, you can follow the below procedures to initiate a chargeback through us. The chargeback amount is limited to the portion of purchased / subscribed goods or services not received.
Chargeback Process Flow
You (as Cardholder)
1. Check whether it is within the chargeback time limit. To avoid missing the chargeback time limit, do not raise the chargeback at the last minute because it takes time to process.
Chargeback time limit
For goods or services to be provided after the transaction post date, 120 calendar days from the earlier of one of the below mentioned dates:
but in no event exceeding 540 calendar days from the transaction post date
Important Note: The above time limit applies to Visa, MasterCard and American Express
2.Get the relevant supporting documents ready.
Including but not limited to:
3. File a dispute by completing the “Cardholder Transaction Dispute Form” (can be downloaded from Form List). To ensure we can receive your form and process it promptly, please call our hotline before submitting the form. Our Customer Services Representative will advise you about the supporting documents required to substantiate the chargeback.
4. Submit the form together with the supporting documents to the DBS address stated on the form.
DBS Bank (as Card Issuing Bank)
5. Check whether the dispute is valid. If we find the request invalid, the dispute will be declined. If there is a potential error on the merchant side and if requested by you; on a case-by case basis, we may approve a temporary credit to be posted to your card account before the final result of the chargeback request is available.
6. Initiate the chargeback process to obtain the disputed amount from the card acquiring bank.
Merchant’s Bank (“Card Acquiring Bank”)
7. Send a notification to its merchant of a pending chargeback request, and check whether the chargeback is valid or not.
8. If the chargeback is found to be invalid, decline the chargeback request and inform the Card Issuing Bank.
9. If the chargeback is valid, ask the merchant to provide the needed documentation and proof (if any) to the Card Issuing Bank to defend the chargeback.
10. Retrieve documentation and proof (if any) that can defend the chargeback and submit to the Card Issuing Bank through the Card Acquiring Bank.
DBS Bank (as Card Issuing Bank)
11. If no documents are received within 8 weeks or the documents provided by the merchant is unsatisfactory, we will debit the disputed amount from the Card Acquiring Bank and credit the same amount to the Cardholder’s card account, if a temporary credit has not been offered previously.
12. If the documents provided by the merchant is satisfactory, the chargeback request will be denied by the Card Acquiring Bank. We will send the relevant documentation to the Cardholder for reference, and charge the Cardholder once again if a temporary credit has been previously posted to the Cardholder’s card account.
13. If there is disagreement between the Card Issuing Bank and Card Acquiring Bank about the adequacy and / or appropriateness of the documents provided, the Card Issuing Bank will send the documents to the Cardholder for review and obtain Cardholder’s consent to file the case to the card association for ruling. The Cardholder needs to bear a processing fee charged by the related card association, if the case turns out to be in favor of the Card Acquiring Bank.
As the chargeback process is complicated and involves a number of different parties, it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks to complete.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay !
We Welcome your Feedback
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support