Protect your wealth against fraud
At DBS, we understand that your personal information and financial safety is very important to you. We are committed to protecting your financial interests through customer education, providing you with best practices to help you safeguard your data.
We recommend the tips below:
We recommend the tips below:
- Your personal information including HKID, bank account number, ATM card, ATM PIN, Digibank user ID & password, credit card account number, credit card PIN, Omni user ID & password, etc should be kept in a safe place. Please keep your bank card/credit card and account user ID separate from the password/PIN. Do not share or reveal this personal information with any third parties to avoid misuse of your account information.
- Inform the bank if you lose your personal identity documents (e.g. HKID, Passport) to prevent fraudsters from trying to access your accounts unauthorised using your identity. Remember to update your contact information such as your home phone number, mobile phone number, and residential address so that all bank notifications are addressed to the right contact.
- Pay attention to all notifications sent by the bank as there may be important messages that require you to act promptly.
- Always enter the full URL of DBS Hong Kong website (www.dbs.com.hk) into your browser to access DBS iBanking.
- If you receive an email warning you that your DBS account will close unless you reconfirm your personal information, do not reply or click on the link in the email.
- Avoid emailing personal and financial information. Before submitting financial information through a website, look for the "lock" icon on the browser's status bar. It signals that your information is secure during the transmission. DBS will never solicit personal and financial information from you via a form or in an email.
- Do not reveal your PIN to anyone. Be suspicious of any e-mail asking you to provide sensitive account information.
- Disregard and delete spam, chain and junk e-mails.
- Do not access the DBS website via hyperlinks embedded in e-mails or search engines.
- Always type www.dbs.com.hk into your browser address bar or use Favourites/Bookmarks to access our site.
- Avoid accessing DBS iBanking on any Internet services which needs your input of passwords through public/shared computers at Internet cafes, public libraries, etc.
|Online Security tips||Our security practices|
|Money safe guarantee||Security & You|
|Recommendations for ATM security|
|Credit Card Security|
|Important Hints for your DBS credit card security|
Thank you. Your feedback will help us serve you better.
Was this information useful ?
Thank you for your feedbackLet us know how this article helped:
We're sorry to hear that.How can we do better?
Please enter only letters, numbers, @!$&-()',./