ATM Security Recommendations
As part of our continuous efforts to reinforce ATM security for our customers, DBS has installed anti-skimming device throughout the ATM network.
The anti-skimming device prevents card skimming devices from successfully reading a ATM card’s data. It is one of the latest technologies that we are exploring to protect our customers from financial crime exposure.
Meanwhile, we would recommend you to be cautious about any suspicious device attached to the ATMs as they may be used to read your card details and PINs. If you see someone acting suspiciously or find any suspicious device on our ATMs, please immediately stop using the ATM and contact our branch staff or Customer Services Hotline on 2290 8888.
There are also some safety precautions you can take to enhance security in respect of use of the ATM card and ATMs:
Safe use of ATM
- Do not enter your PIN when someone else can see you keying it in
- When conducting an ATM transaction, use your hand to shield your PIN number
- Beware of objects attached to an ATM (e.g. pin hole camera) and anything unusual about the card insertion slot, keypad and keypad cover and its unusual operation (e.g. retaining your card for no good reason)
- Do not remove any banknotes from a cash dispenser and ATM card from a card insertion slot left behind by a previous user. The banknotes and ATM card will be automatically retrieved by the ATM
- Count the banknotes immediately after cash withdrawal
Protection of ATM Card and PIN
- Change your PIN immediately if you suspect it has been exposed to others or the moment you suspect any unauthorised access
- Keep your card safe. Do not allow anyone to use your card
- Bank staff will never ask you for the PIN. Do not disclose your PIN to anyone, including family, friends and people claiming to be bank employees under any circumstances
- Change your PIN and check your transaction records regularly
- Do not write down your PIN without disguising it. Keep your PIN separate from your Card
- Do not use easily accessible personal information such as telephone numbers or date of birth as PIN
- Do not use your PIN in other services (such as services on the internet)
- For details of “Enhanced Security of Overseas Automatic Teller Machine Transactions”, please click here
- If your card is lost, stolen or retained by a DBS ATM, or in case of any suspicious transactions or situations, call our Customer Service Hotline on 2290 8888 immediately