Important Hints When Using Your DBS Credit Card
When you receive the DBS Credit Card
- Sign on the back of the card immediately
- Keep your card safely
How to keep the card safe
- Protect your cards as if they were cash. Do not leave them unattended anywhere.
- Check your cards periodically to make sure none of them are missing.
- Make a list of your credit card numbers and the telephone numbers that you should use to report lost or stolen cards. Keep the list in a safe place, away from the cards.
- Check your card expiry date. If a replacement card has not arrived 7 days before your current card expires, call the 24-hour Customer Services Hotline 2290 8888 immediately.
- If your card is lost, stolen or used by other persons without your authorization, call the 24-hour Customer Services Hotline 2290 8888 immediately.
- Third parties are permitted to report lost or trapped credit cards on behalf of persons with hearing impairment.
How to keep the Personal Identification Number (PIN) secret
- Destroy the printed copy of the PIN after memorizing it.
- Never write down the PIN on your card or on anything usually kept with or near it.
- If the PIN is written down, it should always be disguised.
- PIN should frequently be changed.
- Avoid using easily accessible personal information, such as your identity card number, date of birth, telephone number or other obvious numbers as self-selected PIN.
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone at any time or under any circumstances, including bank staff and the Police.
- Be alert of suspicious person watching you before you key in your PIN to avoid unauthorized disclosure of PIN.
- If your PIN is lost, stolen or you suspect the PIN is known by another person, call the 24-hour Customer Services Hotline 2290 8888 immediately.
When you make purchase with your card
- Ensure that you get your card back after every purchase. Check that the card returned to you is yours.
- Do not sign any blank sales slip or sales slip without an amount and ensure that all copies of sales slips are destroyed if you cancel a transaction.
- Check the total amount on all sales slips before signing.
- Keep all copies of sales slip for record and check with your monthly statements.
When you withdraw cash with your card
- After completing an ATM transaction, remember to take your card. Keep copies of your ATM receipts and check with your monthly statements.
- When your card was stuck inside an ATM machine, ask a bank staff for help. Do not accept anyone offering help.
General points to remember
- Allow no one else to use your Card or your PIN.
- Check all credit card transactions on your monthly statements, especially after a trip . Check all transactions, even the small ones . If you found any suspicious transactions, call the 24-hour Customer Services Hotline 2290 8888 immediately.
- Do not use a shared computer or a device that cannot be trusted, such as an internet cafe computer for entering your personal or credit card information.
- Do not respond to emails or phone calls that ask you to provide personal or credit card information.
- Beware of phishing websites, please click here for the phishing websites message issued by the Hong Kong Association of Banks and the Hong Kong Police Force.
- Beware of phishing email, please click here for the Consumer Education Programme - Major Safety Tips on Using Internet Banking Services - Demystify Phishing Emails on the website of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.