ESG investing is on track to become mainstream as investors recognise that there need not be a trade-off between returns and making a positive impact. At DBS, we are here to support you in integrating ESG investments into your portfolio.
What is ESG Investing?
ESG Investing is the practice of seeking investments that generate positive returns while maintaining responsibility towards Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance factors. While there is currently no standard definition of each factor, “E”, “S”, and “G” generally include the following:
How we support your sustainable investment journey
At DBS, we ensure that every investor is aware of sustainability and how to incorporate it into their portfolios. We offer over 270 funds1 with MSCI ESG Fund ratings of "AAA" or "AA"2 or those are SFC-authorised ESG Funds3, and we continually grow our selection. MSCI ESG ratings are also incorporated in our statements to help you identify fundamental sustainability risks when evaluating an investment product.
Check out these useful articles to find out more about ESG investing:
- Myths about Sustainable Investing
- What "sustainable investing" means and why it matters?
- ESG Rating: Understanding & using It
- ESG, SRI and Impact Investing
DBS ESG Fund Promotion
Enjoy the following rewards by subscribing to designated Investment Funds during the promotion period:
Promotion period: 1 Jul 2022 – 30 Sep 2022
Terms and Conditions apply.
- Source: Factsheet, MSCI as of 13 June 2022.
- MSCI ESG Fund Ratings aim to measure the resilience of mutual funds and ETFs to long-term risks and opportunities arising from Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) issues. Certain information ©2022 MSCI ESG Research LLC. Reproduced by permission. MSCI classifies AAA and AA-rated securities as ESG leaders. A, BBB and BB-rated securities are average while B and CCC-rated are laggards.
- “SFC-authorised ESG funds” refer to the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) list of authorised funds which incorporate environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors as their key investment focus and reflect them in their investment objective or strategy pursuant to the SFC’s circular to management companies of SFC-authorised unit trusts and mutual funds – ESG funds dated 29 June 2021.
- New DBS customers can enjoy HK$200 cash reward for every HK$100,000 Aggregate Investment Transaction Amount (up to HK$12,000) and extra HK$1,000 cash reward for HK$3,000,000 Aggregate Investment Transaction Amount. For relevant terms and conditions, please click here.
- Selected existing customers can enjoy HK$300 cash reward for every HK$300,000 Aggregate Investment Transaction Amount (up to HK$6,000) and extra HK$1,000 cash reward for HK$3,000,000 Aggregate Investment Transaction Amount. For relevant terms and conditions, please click here.
- New DBS customers and selected existing customers can enjoy HK$200 cash reward for every HK$300,000 Aggregate Investment Transaction Amount of designated ESG Funds (up to HK$3,000). Please click here for relevant terms and conditions and click here for the eligible fund list.
Investment involves risks.
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited is not your investment adviser or acting in any fiduciary capacity to you. The above information is not and shall not be considered as investment advice. It does not constitute any offer or solicitation of offer to subscribe, transact or redeem any investment product. Investment involves risks. Past performances are not indicative of future performances. You should not rely on the above information alone to make any investment decision. You should carefully read the product offering documentation, the account terms and conditions and the product terms and conditions for detailed product information and risk factors prior to making any investment. If you have any doubt on this material or any product offering documentation, you should seek independent professional advice.
Funds are investment products. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
MSCI ESG Research LLC and its affiliates make no express or implied warranties or representations and shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to any MSCI ESG data contained herein. The MSCI ESG data may only be used for your internal use, may not be further redistributed or used as a basis for any financial products or indexes. None of the MSCI ESG data can in and of itself be used to determine which securities to buy or sell or when to buy or sell them.