New Mastercard with Contactless Payment Function
Starting from 28 August 2019, DBS Mastercard and supplementary card (if any) will come with contactless payment function upon renewal or replacement.
Starting from 28 August 2019, we will send DBS Mastercard and supplementary card (if any) with contactless payment function to credit card customers upon card renewal or replacement.
For details of Mastercard with contactless payment function, please refer to below FAQ:
1. Where can I use my card with Mastercard contactless?
You can use Mastercard contactless at any merchant displaying the Contactless symbol on the contactless payment reader. It’s widely available at most of the fast food restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores, pharmacies, stadiums and more.
2. Why signatures are not required?
To ensure that using contactless is as simple and convenient as cash, merchants that accept contactless payment do not require you to sign for small purchases (HK$1,000 or below). However, for your protection, purchases over HK$1,000 generally require a signature or PIN.
3. Are there any extra fees for using Mastercard contactless?
There is no additional fee for using Mastercard contactless function for payment.
4. Can my card with Mastercard contactless payment function be accidentally read by the secure reader if it’s in my purse or pocket?
To authorize a payment, you must hold your card directly within 1 to 2 inches of a secure reader that accepts Mastercard contactless payments. It shall be correctly oriented for the transaction to go through too. Only readers at authorized merchants can process the information on the Mastercard with contactless function.
5. How am I protected if my card with contactless payment function is lost or stolen?
The Mastercard contactless function provides cardholders the same protections as other Mastercard without contactless feature. You'll enjoy the peace of mind that comes from multiple layers of Mastercard security, which protects you from fraudulent use of your card or account information.
6. What shall I do if I can’t complete my contactless transaction?
First, make sure that the merchant accepts contactless payment - you should see the contactless symbol on the contactless reader. If the merchant accepts contactless payment and the transaction still fails, Mastercard users can swipe to pay, since the card has magnetic stripe functionality in addition to contactless payment function.
7. Will my credit card no. be changed or I need to reset the transaction instructions of Direct Debit Authorization with the new Mastercard contactless?
Same credit card no. will be used for the new Mastercard contactless and all the Direct Debit authorized transactions will be carried to the new Mastercard contactless automatically.
8. Is there any change on my liability to the unauthorized use of my Mastercard contactless?
No. Same liability will be applied on the Mastercard contactless as per your current card.
9. What is the liability if my card with Contactless Feature is lost or stolen?
In general, as long as you have no fraudulent or gross negligence, if the transaction is made without your authorization, the Bank will execute the relevant procedures in accordance with the Security Procedures section of the Customer Terms. It is only responsible for the amount of credit card used before the Bank receives the lost or stolen credit card notice.
We Welcome your Feedback
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support