Transfer money to overseas bank account
You can transfer money to overseas bank account through DBS iBanking.
(Please get ready with your Secure Device and the mobile phone which is used for receiving One Time Password)
- Login to DBS iBanking
- Select “Transfer” at the top menu, and then “DBS Remit and Overseas Transfer”
- Select “Destination” from the pull-down menu or click on the country on the right hand side. Then enter details for “You are sending” or “Payee gets”, and click “Transfer Now”
- Enter “Transfer Details” and “Payee Details”
- Verify details
- Transaction submitted for processing.
- Points to note for DBS Remit & Overseas Transfer
- Your daily limit for overseas funds transfer is HKD1,000,000 (combined limit of all overseas funds transfer, including DBS Remit).
- DBS Remit same-day transfers are only applicable on Monday to Friday within the respective cut off times, except on public holidays in Hong Kong. Applications can be submitted 24/7 but those outside the cut-off times, non-clearing day (clearing day means Mondays to Fridays, except public holidays in Hong Kong) or on Public Holidays or on the day Typhoon signal No.8 or above or black rainstorm warning signal is hoisted will be sent on the next clearing day. For instructions placed before the cutoff time, the transfer will be performed on the same day. However, this may vary depending on the local public holiday and the processing time of the agent/recipient bank.
- Any Overseas Transfer instruction placed after 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday, except public holidays in Hong Kong) or on a non-clearing day will be processed on the next clearing day.
- Any remittance instruction involving currency conversion placed after the cut off time or on a non-clearing day will be effected according to the prevailing exchange rate when the instruction is executed.
- In general, the recipient of overseas transfer will be able to receive the funds within two to four working days of the recipient bank from the transfer date. However, this may vary depending on the destination or bank to which the payment is made.
- When you submit your remittance instruction to a new payee via DBS iBanking successfully, the corresponding payee will be added to the registered payee list automatically.
- Please ensure you have provided correct information and have sufficient funds for the processing of the remittance instruction. In the event of missing information and/or insufficient funds in your debit account, the Bank reserves the right to reject the instruction.
- You may amend or cancel any remittance instruction submitted if it has not been executed. If the instruction has been executed, no amendment or cancellation can be made unless agreed by the recipient or the recipient bank. Please visit any of our branches to amend or cancel any instruction submitted. An amendment or cancellation fee will be charged.
- All remittance instructions are subject to verification by the Bank and may be rejected at the Bank’s sole discretion.
- The daily limit for Overseas Funds Transfer will be reset to HK$0 if no such transaction is conducted for 12 months.
- DBS Remit (Transfer to China) is only applicable to customers with Single name account with HKID. This service is not applicable to customer holding passports or customers with Joint account.
- Any RMB remittance instruction to Mainland China placed after the cut off time or on a non-clearing day or on any public holiday of Mainland China will be processed on the next clearing day. (Clearing day means Mondays to Fridays, except public holidays in Hong Kong or Mainland China.)
- The daily limit of RMB remittance to Mainland China is RMB80,000 per person for Hong Kong residents. RMB remittance to Mainland China requests made by non-Hong Kong residents are not accepted.
- The name of the beneficiary account in Mainland China must be identical with the name of remitter’s account. If we are unable to confirm or verify that you are the holder of both accounts, we reserve the right to reject the RMB telegraphic transfer and remove the related payee from the registered payee list.
- If the name of beneficiary account in Mainland China is registered in Chinese, please specify the account name in Chinese under “Your Name in Recipient Bank’s Record”.
DBS Remit# via DBS iBanking
Correspondent Bank Charges
HKD100 per transaction (waived for DBS Treasures customers)
RMB to DBS Bank
HKD100 per transaction (waived for DBS Individual customers)
HKD100 per cable (waived for telegraphic transfer initiated via IDEAL Internet Banking)
HKD150 (waived for telegraphic transfer initiated via DBS iBanking and IDEAL Internet Banking)
HKD100 per cable
- to Mainland China
- to overseas
HKD250 per transaction
EUR / GBP
HKD400 per transaction
HKD / USD & other currencies
HKD250 per transaction
# Applicable for transferring USD to United States, CAD to Canada, GBP to United Kingdom, AUD to Australia, SGD to Singapore, RMB to China, EUR to designated Eurozone countries, INR to India, IDR to Indonesia and PHP to Philippines.
^ If charge at cost is higher than the respective charge, at the Bank’s discretion, the Bank may adopt a higher charge.
We Welcome your Feedback
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support