At a Glance
Eligible for any new mobile
Within 90 days after newly purchased.
Door to door repairing service
The first mobile repair network in Hong Kong, provides you a one-stop repairing services.
Extensive worldwide coverage
Stay protected in everywhere worldwide.
Burglary, robbery and damage protection
Get it repaired or one-for-one replacement by new or refurbished mobile.
Covers in-box accessories
For chargers, headphones and other accessories burglary, robbery, or damaged along with your phone.
DBS Digibank E-wallet exclusive protection
Covers unauthorised transactions to DBS Digibank / iWealth® app account.
Protection beyond your phone
Covers unauthorised usage of airtime and data, plus reimbursement of withdrawn cash due to cash out robbery and replacement of documents such as your identity card, passport or driving license.
Enjoy 10% off first-year premium on MobileShield Protection with promotional code “mobile10”. Eligible customers subscribe the MobileShield Protection and pay by DBS Credit Card can enjoy extra InstaRedeem discount on two-month premium!
- Promotion Period: 1/9/2020 – 30/9/2020
|MobileShield Protection||Offer 1 – Premium Discount Offer||Offer 2 – InstaRedeem Discount via DBS Omni App|
|Monthly Payment||10% off first-year premium with “mobile10” code||Two-month Premium Rebate|
|Annual payment||10% off first-year premium with “mobile10” code||HK$25 InstaRedeem Discount*|
The promotional offers are subject to Terms and Conditions.
Features and Benefits
|Key Benefits||HKD 88 /Month|
HKD 972 /Year
Damage of Mobile Phone
(Up to 3 events per year*)
Burglary or Robbery of Mobile Phone
(Up to 1 event per year*)
Unauthorised Use of Mobile Phone due to Burglary or Robbery
Cover for Mobile Phone Accessories
DBS Digibank E-Wallet Protection
Cash Out Robbery Cover
Important Document Cover
*Up to three (3) events of either Damage, and/or Burglary or Robbery of Mobile Phone in any single twelve (12) month period (applicable for Monthly Policy or Annual Policy), where only:
- one (1) event of Burglary or Robbery is covered; and
- one (1) Replacement is allowed.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the event of accidental damage:
Your mobile phone will be repaired by Chubb Mobile Repair Network. A deductible* of HKD450 is applicable for each and every repair.
If your mobile phone is unrepairable, you will be offered a replacement mobile phone of the same or similar specification as your insured mobile phone. Kindly note that the replacement mobile phone may be new or refurbished. A deductible* of HKD900 is applicable for each and every replacement.
In the event of burglary or robbery:
Your mobile phone will be replaced by Chubb Mobile Repair Network. You will be offered a replacement mobile phone of the same or similar specification as your insured mobile phone. Kindly note that the replacement mobile phone may be new or refurbished. A deductible* of HKD900 is applicable for each and every replacement.
* Deductible means the first amount of the loss which you must pay if you had a claim and Chubb will only liable for the amount which is over and above.
Will I be covered for any loss of data information stored on my mobile phone during the repair or replacement process?
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Hong Kong residents; and
- 18 years old or above.
To be eligible for MobileShield, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Your mobile must be new from a manufacturer, a mobile phone network or a retail store
- Purchased within 90 days
- Device value must be below or equivalent to HKD15,000, if the phone value is more than this limit, enrolment will be treated as invalid.
For example, you will be covered in the event of:
- Burglary or Robbery of Your Mobile Phone containing Your DBS mobile banking account (i.e. DBS Digibank / iWealth® app), and we will reimburse you for any unauthorised transactions which take place in the first 24 hours prior to your first reporting of the burglary or robbery to the Bank; or
Any unauthorised transactions made on your DBS mobile banking account (i.e. DBS digiBank / iWealth® app ) while your mobile phone is still in your possession, we will reimburse you for any such unauthorised transactions which take place in the 2 months prior to your first reporting to DBS.For any enquiries on the protection, please call DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline at (852) 3191 6618 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, excluding public holidays).
Annual policy, 12 months from the commencement date of the policy;
Monthly policy, can cover up to 24 months.
How to Make a Claim
Prior to contacting Chubb Mobile Repair Network to make a claim, you must report the burglary or robbery of your mobile phone, cash out robbery and/or burglary or robbery of important documents to the Hong Kong police force.
Please have the police report reference number, IMEI number of your mobile phone and your policy details ready when you contact Chubb Mobile Repair Network.
For enquiry, please call DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline at (852) 3191 6618 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, excluding public holidays)
- The above insurance plans are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("Chubb"). Chubb reserves the right of final approval. DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") is an insurance agent authorised by Chubb.
- DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline is a dedicated enquiry hotline for DBS customers serviced by Chubb.
- This policy will be automatically renewed upon the policy expiry date of each subsequent policy year unless written cancellation notice has been given to Chubb provided that premium is paid within thirtyone (31) days of Renewal Date.
- The above information are the highlights of plan’s coverage only. For the plan's details, please refer to the terms and conditions and exclusions of the policy. In the event of any discrepancy between English and Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- In the event of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre) arising between the Bank and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any disputes over the contractual terms of the policy should be resolved directly between Chubb and the customer.
Under the “Insurance Ordinance”(Cap. 41), the Insurance Authority (IA) has started to collect the levy on insurance premiums from policyholders through insurance companies from 1 January 2018. For more details, please refer to: www.ia.org.hk/en/levy.