Free Purchase Protection Insurance for Selected DBS Cardholders
Due to enthusiastic response of the promotion, the registration quota is full. Thank you for your support!
Online shopping brings convenience to our daily lives. However, how do you cover your loss if the goods purchased online does not match with the seller’s description, or you do not receive the goods after payment ? To safeguard your interest against unexpected risks so you can shop more and worry less, DBS offers selected credit card customers a 1-year Purchase Protection Insurance with sum insured of each benefit up to HK$10,000 for FREE. It’s time to enjoy a shopping spree with DBS credit card!
Register now to become one of the first 5,000 customers to enjoy peace of mind. Registration is on a first-come-first served basis.
Your policy expires automatically after 1 year, there will not be any policy renewal.
• Promotion Period: 17/5/2021 to 31/12/2022
- Purchase Protection and Buyer’s Protection with sum insured up to HK$10,000 respectively^
- Applicable to items* purchased within 90 days for Purchase Protection
- Covers purchases made in retail stores, online stores, virtual stores or via telemarketing
- Protects against accidental damage or loss due to theft, burglary or stolen of items^
- Covers in the event the items do not match the description of the seller or non-delivery of items after payment
* In accordance with the Policy Wording, an Eligible Item must meet the Minimum Value and the following criteria, being an item:
1. That is purchased solely for personal use; and
2. That is new and has not been used when purchase; and
3. That is purchased through Retailer or Seller; and
4. The cost of which has been directly charged to an Eligible Card, being a DBS credit card.
^ Excess applies to each loss or claim
To register for the FREE 1-year Purchase Protection Insurance, you must be:
- a Hong Kong resident of at least 18 years old
- A principal cardholder of DBS Credit Cards and Co-branded Cards (excluding Private Label Cards and Business Cards) issued by DBS#
The promotional offers are subject to terms & conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
DBS Free Purchase Protection offers “Purchase Protection” and “Buyer’s Protection” to the Insured Person’s Eligible Items purchased through Retailer or Seller using an Eligible Card.
Eligible Item means an item:
- That is purchased solely for personal use; and
- That is new and has not been used when purchase; and
- That is purchased through Retailer or Seller; and
- The cost of which has been directly charged to an Eligible Card.
In the event of Accidental Damage or loss due to Burglary, Theft or Stolen to Eligible Item within 90 days from the purchase date, Chubb will pay the Replacement Cost of the Eligible Item.
Chubb will pay for the loss of the Eligible Item in the event that the Eligible Item:
- does not arrive within 30 days from the scheduled arrival date provided by the Delivery Company or the Retailer or Seller has confirmed and proven that the Eligible Item could not be found; or
- does not match the description of the Eligible Item by the Retailer or Seller.
Is an Eligible Item covered if it was confiscated or destructed by government, customs or public body?
Chubb will not pay any benefit for the confiscation or destruction by any government, customs or public body.
How to Make a Claim
You can call DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline at (852) 3191 6618 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, excluding public holidays) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries on how to submit a claim.
Upon receiving your claim and all supporting documentation, Chubb will begin assessing your claim, which will take 5-7 business days. Once your claim is accepted, you will be reimbursed via cheque or bank transfer within the following 5-7 business days.
- The above insurance plan (“Plan”) is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("Chubb"). Chubb reserves the right of final approval. DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") is an insurance agent authorised by Chubb.
- DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline is a dedicated enquiry hotline for DBS customers serviced by Chubb.
- The above information are the highlights of the Plan’s coverage only. For the Plan's details, please refer to the terms and conditions and exclusions of the Plan. In the event of any discrepancy between English and Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- In the event of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre) arising between the Bank and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any disputes over the contractual terms of the Plan should be resolved directly between Chubb and the customer.
Under the “Insurance Ordinance” (Cap. 41), the Insurance Authority (IA) has started to collect the levy on insurance premiums from policyholders through insurance companies from 1 January 2018. For more details, please refer to: www.ia.org.hk/en/levy.