Online Document Submission
Please attach copies of the following documents for our processing. Once submitted, these documents (including the application form) will not be returned.
- HK Permanent Identity Card# of principal card and supplementary card (if applicable) applicants
#For applicants who are not holders of HK permanent ID card, please provide copies of HKID card and valid passport/travel document.
You may also need to provide the following documents for better assessment of your credit standing:
- Latest home address proof issued within the last 6 months (e.g. electricity bill, rate bill, bank statements, e-statement is acceptable). If you have a permanent home address, please also attach the permanent home address proof; and
- Income Proof, please select from the following types of applicants that applies to your case:
Fixed Income Earner
- Latest 1 month's computer generated Payroll Advices; or Latest 1 month's bank statement/passbook showing your name, account number and salary entries; or Full set of latest Salaries Tax Demand Note.
Non Fixed Income Earner
- Latest 1 month's computer generated Payroll Advices (basic salary entries have to be shown on Payroll Advices, otherwise, please provide the latest 3 months’ record.); or Latest 3 month’s bank statement/passbook showing your name, account number and salary entries.
- Business Registration Certificate and Full set of latest Profits Tax Demand Note and Latest 3 months' bank statement/passbook showing your company name, account number and transaction entries.
- Latest Fixed Deposit Advice or Investment Statement issued by bank^.
^For applicants who are students of tertiary institutes, please provide copies of student ID card issued by the relevant tertiary institutes.
Note: The Bank reserves the right to request additional documents for application approval
Please note: Damaged HKID, Cropped (including HKID in the See-through window), blurred or glared picture is not acceptable
|Method 1: Upload HKID image by taking photo via mobile device|
|Place your HKID on a piece of white paper, sign on the blank area* (if you haven’t provided your specimen signature during the application) and take a photo with your mobile device.||Please make sure the HKID number in the see-through window can be clearly seen (applicable to New Smart Identity Card)||Select the photo from your mobile device, upload it together with other required documents.|
|Method 2: Upload HKID scanned image via personal computer|
|Enlarge the scanned image of your HKID to 200% and enhance the brightness.||Sign on the blank area of your HKID copy*. (If you haven't provided your specimen signature during the application)|
|Remarks: HKID upload for supplementary card application|
|For the supplementary card application, please submit HKID copies of both principal card and supplementary card applicants with respective signatures* on the same page. (If you haven't provided your specimen signature during the application) |
* Applicant has to sign next to the HKID. The specimen signature will be used to confirm applicant's credit card application and verify the subsequent instruction(s) related to the application or credit card services related instruction(s) after the application is approved.
File Size & Format
|File size up to 5MB for each document.||Submit in jpeg, png, PDF, tif , gif, doc, ppt, mdi or bmp format.|
Is there any system requirement for online document submission?
We recommend using Internet Explorer version 6 for online document submission.
Which kind of file formats are supported?
We support jpeg, png, PDF, tif , gif, doc, ppt, mdi and bmp files.
What is the maximum number of files I can upload at a time?
You can upload up to 6 files at a time.
Any file size restriction?
The file size for each document can be up to 5MB.
I forgot my application number. Can I still upload my documents?
Yes, you can upload your documents without inputting the application number. However, please ensure you have entered other information correctly.
Can I cancel my document upload while it is in progress?
Yes, you can. But all the files submitted in the same upload will be deleted and must be re-uploaded.
My internet connection disconnected while my document upload is in progress. Do I have to upload all the documents again?
Yes, we will not receive any document if there is any problem with the internet connection during the upload process. You will have to upload all the documents again. A confirmation page listing the documents that you have successfully uploaded will be displayed after upload is completed.
Can I cancel the document submission after the file upload is completed?
No, you cannot cancel once document upload is completed.
How will I know if the document is successfully uploaded?
A confirmation page listing the documents that you have successfully uploaded will be displayed after upload is completed.
If I submit more than one application at the same time, do I need to upload the required documents for each application?
Except for ID documents, you only have to upload your documents (such as address proof and income proof) once. However, you may need to submit additional documents subject to the requirements of the relevant card type. You should submit ID documents with the relevant person’s name and signature on the same page for each application separately.
I applied for a DBS credit card through a DBS branch. Can I also submit the documents online?
You can submit the documents online no matter whether you apply through our branch, website or other channels.
How can I check my card application status?
You can call our Customer Services Hotline at (852) 2290 8888.
Is there any other submission method apart from website upload?
- By mail:
DBS BANK (HONG KONG) LIMITED (Credit Card Application)
Level 8, Two Harbour Square, 180 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Submit via any DBS branches.
Application or Enquiries
- Please call our 24-hour Customer Services Hotline (852) 2290 8888.
Personal Information Collection (PIC)
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited safeguards your data in accordance with applicable Hong Kong laws.
We only use the data we collect in accordance with our Data Policy which explains the data collection purposes, the persons to whom we may transfer data, your data access and correction rights and how you may contact our Data Protection Officer.
Thank you for your feedbackLet us know how this article helped:
We're sorry to hear that.How can we do better?