Spot and Forward FX
DBS Foreign Exchange Services help you capture every potential opportunity in the foreign exchange market. You may be able to make the best move in FX market with the latest market outlook and commentary.
Our Forward FX may, with the risks undertaken, also help seize favorable FX buying and selling opportunities. FX trading is subject to rate fluctuations, which may present both opportunities and risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Such accounts may also be subject to exchange controls imposed on the currency held.
The product may not be suitable for all types of investors. For more information on the features, benefits and risks of this type of investment, please contact your Relationship Manager.
Key Features of Spot FX
- A choice of up to 14 major currencies: HKD, USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, AUD, NZD, CNH, CAD, CHF, SGD, SEK, DKK and NOK
- Night shift Trading Services
- Enjoy our Foreign Exchange Service via Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Phone Banking and Branches
Key Features of Forward FX
- Lock in the currency positions for non matured assets
- Customize the FX trading strategy and structure to suit investors’ needs
DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited is not your investment adviser or acting in any fiduciary capacity to you. The above information is not and shall not be considered as investment advice. It does not constitute any offer or solicitation of offer to subscribe, transact or redeem any investment product. Investment involves risk. Past performances are not indicative of future performances. You should not rely on the above information alone to make any investment decision. You should carefully read the product offering documentation for detailed product information and risk factors prior to making any investment. If you have any doubt on this material or any product offering documentation, you should seek independent professional advice.
- Foreign Exchange involves risk. Customers should note that foreign exchange may incur loss due to the fluctuation of exchange rate. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders.
- The RMB services provided by the Bank are subject to regulations of the relevant authorities and to regulations governing the limits of exchange/remittance by each customer. RMB is currently not freely convertible and is subject to exchange controls and restrictions. For individual customers, the conversion of RMB may be subject to a daily limit as promulgated from time to time by the relevant regulatory authority in Hong Kong. Customers are reminded to allow sufficient time for conversion if the conversion amount exceeds the prevailing daily limit. There is no guarantee that RMB will not depreciate. If you convert Hong Kong Dollar or any other currency into RMB so as to invest in a RMB product and subsequently convert the RMB sale proceeds back into Hong Kong Dollar or any other currency, you may suffer a loss if RMB depreciates against Hong Kong Dollar or other currency.
- Forward FX (“the Product”) is a structured product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the Product unless DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited has explained to you that the Product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- The Product is NOT principal protected. It is not a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong. The Product is different from traditional time deposit and should not be treated as their substitution.
- You bear a foreign exchange risk as the exchange rate between the deposit currency and currency bought by you changes between the time the transaction is entered into and the time line deposit matured. The product is an illiquid instrument which is not transferable or tradable. Customers should therefore be prepared to hold this investment until the Maturity Date. Early redemption is NOT allowed. Investment in this product is to the credit risk of the Bank.