JuniorShield Child Illness Protection
- Covers 26 Major Critical Illness and 10 Juvenile Critical Illnesses
- Juvenile Critical Illnesses includes major juvenile critical illesses includes but not limited to Autism, Severe Asthma and Severe Epilepsy
- A lump sum payment up to HK$150,000
How to Apply
- Please call DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline at (852) 3191 6618
- Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays, from 9:00am to 6:00pm, excluding public holidays
- The above insurance plans are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("Chubb"). Chubb reserves the right of final approval. DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") is an insurance agent authorised by Chubb.
- DBS Chubb Insurance Service Hotline is a dedicated enquiry hotline for DBS customers serviced by Chubb.
- Entry age for Insured Person is between 15 days of age and under 18.
- Major General Exclusions:
- War, taking part in riot or civil commotion;
- Suicide, illegal act;
- Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or complications arising from any of these;
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions, congenital anomalies;
- Engage in professional sport, service in armed forces, disciplined forces, pilot, crew member, etc;
- Insured person engaging in or taking part in (training peculiar to) Boxing, caving, horse riding, any kind of rock or mountain climbing that requires using rope or guides, pot-holing, parachuting, gliding, ballooning, bungy-jumping, microlight flying, winter sports, any kind of hunting, or any race other than on foot.
- JuniorShield Child Illness Protection: 75-day Waiting Period from the effective date of the insurance shall be applicable during which claims arising from any cause other than accident are not covered.
- The above information are the highlights of plan’s coverage only. For the plan's details, please refer to the terms and conditions and exclusions of the policy. In the event of any discrepancy between English and Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- In the event of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre) arising between the Bank and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, the Bank will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any disputes over the contractual terms of the policy should be resolved directly between Chubb and the customer.
Under the “Insurance Ordinance”(Cap. 41), the Insurance Authority (IA) has started to collect the levy on insurance premiums from policyholders through insurance companies from 1 January 2018. For more details, please refer to : www.ia.org.hk/en/levy.