DBS has garnered a slew of global accolades, underscoring our growing presence among banking leaders worldwide. We continue to be recognised for our leadership in digital, as well as our commitment to deliver a purpose beyond banking to create a more sustainable future.
DBS has been named “World’s Best Bank” by Euromoney, “Global Bank of the Year” by The Banker and “Best Bank in the World” by Global Finance. The bank is at the forefront of leveraging digital technology to shape the future of banking, having been named “World’s Best Digital Bank” by Euromoney and the world’s “Most Innovative in Digital Banking” by The Banker. In addition, DBS has been accorded the “Safest Bank in Asia” award by Global Finance for 12 consecutive years from 2009 to 2020.
As we seek to reimagine banking, we are humbled by the global recognition of our efforts to deliver innovative financial solutions to our clients.
Treasury, Trade, SSC & Risk Management Awards
Best Supply Chain Solution for Regional Non-Recourse ARP Solution for KPIT Technologies, India, 2020
Automotive latest deals
2020 – Green loan to finance EV plant of LG ChemDeal structured based on Green Loan Principles as part of Sustainability agenda of both LG Chem and DBS
2020 - Digitally enabled and bespoke regional ARP solution for Samvardhana Motherson group, a leading global automotive tier-1 supplier
Financial Institutions awards
Best Sub-custodian Bank Awards
- Best Sub-custodian Bank, APAC, 2020
- Best Sub-custodian Bank, Singapore and Indonesia, 2020
World's Best Investment Banks
- Best Debt Bank, Global, 2020
- Best Investment Bank for Sustainable Finance, APAC, 2020
Sustainable Capital Markets Regional Awards
- Most Innovative Deal, Bank (FIs/NBFIs), 2019
Deals of the Year
- Best Securitisation Deal, APAC, 2020
Best DCM House, Singapore, 2020
Food & Agribusiness latest deals
2020 – Wilmar International Limited and DBS Food & Agribusiness industry’s first corporate loan agreement pegged to the Singapore Overnight Rate Average (SORA) coupled with an Interest Rate Swap (IRS).
2020 – Olam International and DBS Food & Agribusiness industry’s first club loan agreement in Singapore pegged to the Singapore Overnight Rate Average (SORA) coupled with an Cross Country Swap (CCS).
2019 – DBS is the first Asian bank to be appointed as a co-sustainability coordinator for Louis Dreyfus Company’s first sustainability-linked syndicated loan in Asia.
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals awards
Treasury, Trade, SSC & Risk Management Awards
- Best Payments and Collections Solution for Mount Alvernia Hospital, 2020
- Corporate Finance Team of the Year, 2019
- Grand Prix, Deal Team of the Year, 2019
Finance House of the Year, 2018
Metals & Mining latest deals
Commodity Hedging & Clearing: DBS is among the top banks with capacity to provide commodity hedging solution and clearing services, clearing iron ore contracts with annual volume of approximately 100mil-200mil tonnes.
2020 – Structured Finance: DBS has led and arranged a number of structured financing deals including prepayment and pre-shipment finance for global traders and large-scale smelters/refineries including India and China. E.g. we have recently arranged and structured a 5-year pre-export advance (PEF) facility for a large-scale steel mill (Seller) in Asia against its supply contract of steel products to an international metal trading house (Off-taker). This structure allows the Seller to raise financing through an intermediary Buyer (Off-taker) by way of assignment of the rights under the Sales & Purchase contracts and Advance Payment & Supply Agreement.
2019 – Financial Advisor and Lead Financing Bank of a US$960mil limited recourse project financing based in Indonesia for Phase 1 and 2 of Alumina Refinery
2019 – Hedging coordinator for a Group of Lenders for an Indonesia based transaction for up to 7 years in Cross-Currency Swap (CCS) for notional amount of USD380mil.
Oil & Gas awards
- Oil & Gas Deal of the Year, APAC, 2019
- LNG Deal of the Year, 2019
Commodities Acquisition Finance Deal of the Year, 2019
Offshore Project Finance Deal of the Year, 2019
- Project Finance Advisory House of the Year, 2019
Oil & Gas latest deals
- 2020 – Joint Bookrunner for CNPC’s US$2 billion Multi-Tranche Notes Issuance
- 2019 – Mandated Lead Arranger and Hedge Coordinator for Pertamina’s US$1.8 billion Gas Development Financing
- 2019 – Mandated Lead Arranger, Bookrunner and Global Coordinator for PTTEP’s US$600 million Term Loan
- 2020 – Joint Global Coordinator and Joint Bookrunner for MedcoEnergi’s US$650 million Rated Bond Issuance
- 2019 – Mandated Lead Arranger for US$600 million Dhamra LNG Terminal
- 2019 – Mandated Lead Arranger for $2.55 billion APLNG Refinancing
- 2020 – Mandated Lead Arranger and Bookrunner for Reliance Industries Limited’s US$1.2 billion Syndicated Loan
- 2020 – Mandated Lead Arranger and Facility Agent for Viva Energy US$275 million Syndicated
Power & Utilities awards
- Project Finance Deal of the Year, Regional, 2020 - Changfang and Xidao
- Best of South East Asia, Regional, 2020 - Star Energy Geothermal Salak – Darajat
- Megatrend Deal of the Year – ESG, Regional, 2020 - Star Energy Geothermal Salak – Darajat
- Yunlin (Wind Power) Project, Joint Lender, 2020
- Cofco International: Sustainability-linked Facilities, Joint Lender, 2020
- Project Finance House of the Year, Singapore, 2017 - 2020
- Project Finance Advisory House of the Year, Asia, 2019
Real Estate awards
Best Overall Asia Pacific Bank for Real Estate Services, 2021
Best Overall Singapore Bank for Real Estate Services, 2011–2021
In the 2021 edition of Euromoney’s Real Estate Survey, DBS is named the Best Bank for Real Estate Finance (Asia Pacific). It is our first time conferring this regional award. We are also celebrating being named Singapore’s Best Bank for Real Estate Finance for the 12th time, and for the 11th consecutive year.
Real Estate latest deals
2020 – Joint Global Coordinator, Joint Bookrunner and Joint Lead Manager to Sun Hung Kai Properties for the issuance of a 10-year 2.875% US$800 million senior unsecured note.
2020 – Joint Bookrunner and Joint Lead Manager to Sun Hung Kai Properties for the issuance of a 10-year 2.750% US$500 million senior unsecured note.
2020 – Completed a 7-year HK$200 million private placement for Sun Hung Kai Properties.
2020 – Joint Bookrunner and Joint Lead Manager to Hongkong Land for the issuance of a 10-year 2.875% US$600 million senior unsecured note.
The transaction represented the first US dollar public bond issuance by Hongkong Land since 2014, bringing rare supply to the bond market, and was awarded the “Best Investment Grade Bond, Hong Kong” by The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2020.
2020 – Completed private placements for a 12-year HK$303 million senior unsecured note and a 15-year HK$800 million senior unsecured note for Sun Hung Kai Properties, enabling the company to elongate its maturity profile.
2020 – Joint Global Coordinator and Bookrunner to Champion REIT for the issuance of a 10-year 2.95% US$300 million medium term note.
The transaction marked the return of Champion REIT into the US dollar bond market after more than 7 years, and was awarded the “Best Corporate Bond” by The Asset Country Awards 2020.
2020 – Coordinating Mandated Lead Arranger, Bookrunner and Agent Bank to Far East Consortium for a HKD2.4 billion club loan for a composite development project adjoining the Kai Tak Sports Park, which will comprise the flagship Dorsett Hotel with office and retail space.
2019 – Mandated Lead Arranger and Bookrunner to Hopewell Holdings for a USD4.3 billion privatisation exercise and USD2.7 billion credit facilities.
This involved a complex end-to-end transaction representing the largest-ever privatisation of Hong Kong real estate, which was awarded “Best Privatization” by The Asset Country Awards 2019.
2020 – Sole Financial Adviser to China Jinmao in the HK$9.6 billion privatisation of Jinmao Hotel and Jinmao (China) Hotel Investments and Management.
The transaction represented the first-ever REIT privatisation on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
2020 – Sole Lender for a bridge loan and Mandated Lead Arranger and Facility Agent for 50% of the HKD8.88 billion financing for a Kai Tak residential development project that represents a joint venture between K. Wah Group, Wheelock and Company and China Overseas Land and Investment.
This transaction further solidified DBS’ relationship with three key real estate clients, demonstrating the bank’s ability to deliver a holistic end-to-end financing solution in a timely manner.
2019 – Sole Financing Bank and Joint Global Coordinator to China Merchants Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust for their IPO listing in Hong Kong, raising HK$2.57 billion.
DBS delivered end-to-end support, from sole debt financing and receiving bank services to research support and investor network support via our comprehensive global distribution platform.
Shipping, Aviation, Logistics & Transportation latest deals
- 2020 – Joint Lead Arranger & Bookrunner for US$650 million Bond Issue
- 2020 – Sole Bookrunner for S$500 million Bond Issue
- 2019 – Joint Lead Arranger & Bookrunner for US$500 million Bond Issue
2019 – Joint Lead Arranger & Bookrunner for US$600 million Bond Issue
2020 – Joint Bookrunner & Joint Lead Manager for US$700 million and US$300 million Bond Issue
2020 – Joint Global Coordinator, Joint Lead Manager and Joint Bookrunner for US$400 million (5-year) and US$400 million (10-year) Bond Issue
- 2020 – Sole Financial Advisor & Joint Lead Manager for S$8.8 billion Rights and Mandatory Convertible Bonds Issuance
- 2020 – Mandated Lead Arranger and Bookrunner for S$4 billion Syndicated Bridging Loan
- 2019 – Global coordinator for S$750 million Retail Bond Issue
- 2019 – Arranger & Bookrunner for S$600 million Bond Issue
- 2020 – Joint Bookrunner for US$750 million Bond Issue
- 2020 – Joint Global Coordinator and Joint Bookrunner for US$1 billion Bond Issue
- 2019 – Joint Lead Manager & Bookrunner for US$500 million Bond Issue
- 2019 – Joint Lead Manager & Bookrunner for US$750 million Bond Issue
- 2019 – Joint Lead Manager & Bookrunner for US$500 million Bond Issue
2019 – Joint Lead Arranger & Bookrunner for S$1.4 billion and S$1.5 billion Bond Issue
Telecommunications, Media & Technology awards
- Telecom Deal of the Year, Myanmar, 2019
TPG Global acquisition financing for Pan Asia Majestic Eagle Limited
- Best Acquisition Finance, Myanmar, 2019
PAMEL Holdings US$185 million acquisition and revolving credit facilities / Pan Asia Majestic Eagle Limited US$100 million term loan facilities
- Best Privatisation, Singapore, 2019
Joint offer by SPH and Keppel Corporation to privatise M1 Limited for S$1.9 billion
- Best Equity Linked, China, 2019
Lenovo Group US$675 million convertible bonds
NetLink NBN Trust's S$2.3 billion IPO
Equity Deal of the year, Singapore, 2018
Harnessing the Power of Technology Winner, 2019
Telecommunications, Media & Technology latest deals
- Mandated Lead Arranger for acquisition financing amounting to an aggregate of USD 331 million Bridge Loan Facility in relation to Centratama Group’s acquisition of Telecom Towers in Indonesia (2020)
- Joint Lead Arranger, Joint Bookrunner and Co-Documentation Agents for acquisition financing amounting to an aggregate USD 15.5 billion Syndicated Term Loan Facilities in relation Broadcom Inc.’s acquisition of Symantec Corporation’s enterprise security business (2019)
- Mandated Arranger for acquisition financing facilities amounting to an aggregate USD 165 million in relation to Platinum Equity’s acquisition of PCI Limited (2019)
- Joint Lead Manager & Bookrunner for SingTel Group Treasury Pte Ltd’s USD 750 million Senior Unsecured Notes (2020)
- Joint Lead Manager & Bookrunner for Lenovo Group Limited’s USD 650 million Senior Unsecured Notes (2020)
- Joint Lead Manager & Bookrunner for Broadcom Inc USD 4.5 billion Senior Unsecured Notes (2020)
- NetLink NBN Trust's SGD 2.3 billion IPO in Singapore (2017)
- Joint Financial Adviser to Broadcom Inc. on their USD 10.7 billion acquisition of Symantec enterprise security business (2019)
- Sole Financial Adviser to Pagani Holding III Limited (a special purpose vehicle of Platinum Equity) on their SGD 265 million acquisition of PCI Limited (2019)
- Sole Financial Adviser to UST Global on Temasek Holding’s strategic investment for a minority stake in UST Global Inc (2018)
- Joint Financial Adviser to SingPost on Alibaba’s SGD 187 million strategic investment in SingPost (2017) and Sole Financial Adviser to SingPost on Alibaba’s SGD 313 million strategic investment for a minority stake in SingPost (2014)