Investing in gold market to help you diversify risks and meet your financial needs. Grasp the opportunity to invest not just in physical gold.
- Protects against market volatility
- Gold exhibits a low correlation with other asset classes (e.g. equities or bonds, etc.) which helps diversify the risk in your investment portfolio during market fluctuations.
- Shield against inflation
- A common reason for investing in gold is the belief that it makes a good hedge against inflation.
- No exchange of physical gold
- Trading paper gold involves no physical holding or delivery. Simply open a Wealth Management Account to invest in gold.
- As a safe haven tool
- Gold is viewed as a “crisis commodity” during both periods of financial uncertainty and political uncertainty.
You can trade gold in the form of paper gold through the DBS Paper Gold Scheme (the “Scheme”), which does not involve the holding and delivery of physical gold, making it easy to invest in the gold market.
About the Scheme
The Scheme is an investment instrument offered by the Bank (as principal) for investors who seek to buy and sell paper gold pursuant to a contractual term without requiring any physical delivery of gold.
Please refer to the product offering documents for detailed product terms, information and risks.
To understand more, please contact your DBS Treasures Relationship Manager or visit any of our branches.
Offering Documents & Useful Links
Risk Disclosures and Important Notes
Investment involves risks. The price of gold is volatile and value of the investment may go down as well as up. Your investments in the Scheme are not principal protected. In the worst-case scenario, you may lose your entire principal. The unit prices of the Scheme are calculated with reference to the price of Loco London Gold as specified by the London Bullion Market Association (“Reference Asset”). Investing in the Scheme is not the same as investing directly in the Reference Asset. Price changes in the Reference Asset might not be reflected exactly in the price changes of the units of the Scheme.
This page does not constitute any offer or solicitation of offer to subscribe, transact or redeem any investment product. Past performances are not indicative of future performances. You should carefully read the product offering documentation, the product terms and conditions and the account terms and conditions for detailed product information and risk factors prior to making any investment. If you have any doubt on this material or any product offering documentation, you should seek independent professional advice.
This page is issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited. The content has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.
Thank you for your feedbackLet us know how this article helped:
We're sorry to hear that.How can we do better?