e-Cheque is the electronic counterpart of paper cheque, and is issued and deposited online. DBS Bank offers e-Cheque deposit service. Customers are allowed to deposit e-Cheque to DBS Bank account through the e-Cheque Drop Box service.
- e-Cheque has the same legal status as paper cheque
- e-Cheque removes the need for physical delivery and deposit
- Paperless and environmental friendly
Customers can deposit e-Cheque to DBS Bank account through the e-Cheque Drop Box service provided by Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited ("HKICL")#.
The e-Cheque Drop Box can be accessed through its website http://www.echeque.hkicl.com.hk or mobile application.
#HKICL is the clearing house for processing interbank clearing and settlement in Hong Kong. It is a company equally owned by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Hong Kong Association of Banks.
- Remove the e-Cheques from the computer and/or smart phone after the deposit unless recordkeeping is necessary
- Don't scan an image of paper cheque and treat it as an e-Cheque
- Don't print out the e-Cheques for deposit at bank branches
- Don't deposit an e-Cheque more than once
- Don't offer any credit facility to the payee based on an e-Cheque as collateral
The brochure of e-Cheque provided by Hong Kong Monetary Authority and The Hong Kong Association of Banks