Terms and Conditions of "DBS COMPASS VISA Watsons 8% Discount Promotion":
- DBS COMPASS VISA Watsons 8% Discount Promotion” (“Promotion”) is only applicable to Cardholders (“Cardholders”) of DBS COMPASS VISA (“Applicable Credit Card”) issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”).
- The promotion period is on the 5th, 15th and 25th day ("Promotion Calendar Day") of every month (“Promotion Calendar Month”) from 5 January 2019 to 25 December 2019, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”).
- Every Eligible Transaction (“Eligible Transaction”, as defined in clause 6 below) conducted by Cardholders during the Promotion Period with the Applicable Credit Card at Hong Kong Watsons and www.watsons.com.hk (“Merchants”) shall be eligible to 8% Discount (discount value is calculated based on the amount after deducting any discount (including staff discount) and before COMPASS Dollar redemption (if applicable)) (“Discount”). The calculation of Discount is rounded down to the nearest 2 decimal places, the 3rd decimal places (if any) are not counted.
- For Eligible Transactions settled by VISA payWave, Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Samsung Pay at Merchants’ outlets or at www.watsons.com.hk*, Discount will be offered in form of COMPASS Dollar rebate (“Reward”) and credited to the Applicable Credit Card account within 3 months after the Promotion Calendar Month. Rebate is calculated under the conversion rate of $1 COMPASS Dollar for HK$1.
*Not applicable to payment settled by Apple Pay.
- Each Applicable Credit Card can enjoy maximum HK$40 Discount/ $40 COMPASS Dollar Reward per Promotion Calendar Day during the Promotion Period.
- “Eligible Transactions” shall mean a single retail purchase transaction of net amount HK$500 or above (after deducting any discount (including staff discount) and before COMPASS Dollar redemption (if applicable)) at Merchants. The following types of transactions are not Eligible Transactions for the purpose of the Promotion: bill payments, Octopus card reloads, phone or fax orders, purchasing coupons, stage 1 infant milk powder, prepaid phone cards, Environmental Levy on Plastic Shopping Bags, transactions made at any outlets outside Hong Kong (including Macau and China), unauthorized transactions, transactions and reload of e-Wallets (including but not limited to PayMe, WeChat Pay and Alipay), transactions of online shop or mobile APP settled by Apple Pay and any transactions that are subject to cancellation, charge-back, return of goods and/or refund or any other categories as the Bank may at its discretion determine from time to time. Discount will be cancelled or returned along with any cancelled or reversed transactions. All Eligible Transaction will be counted base on the transaction date and conducted during Promotion Period.
- If there is a supplementary card under the Applicable Credit Card account, Eligible Transactions conducted under the supplementary card will be deemed as Eligible Transactions conducted under the principal card account.
- Discount and Reward cannot be transferred and exchanged for cash, credit limit as well as other goods or services.
- The Discount and Reward entitled by Cardholders under the Promotion shall be determined by the Bank at its sole discretion based on the Bank’s record. If there is any discrepancy between the record held by Cardholders and that held by the Bank, the Bank’s record shall be conclusive and binding on the Cardholders.
- Participation in the Promotion is subject to there being no abuse/non compliance by the Cardholder, failing which the Bank will debit the values of the Discount or Reward from the Cardholder’s account without notice and/or take such action to recover any outstanding amounts.
- The Promotion is only applicable to Cardholders whose Applicable Credit Card accounts are determined at the sole discretion of the Bank to be in good standing and remain valid and not in default during the Promotion Period and when the Reward is credited to the Applicable Credit Card account.
- Cardholders must retain the original transaction slips of any transactions. In case of any disputes, the Bank reserves the right to require Selected Cardholders to submit the relevant original transaction slips, other documents or evidence for verification. The submitted transaction slips, documents and/or evidence will not be returned. If there is any discrepancy between the Bank’s record and Selected Cardholder’s record of any transaction, the Bank’s record shall prevail.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions may not enforce any of their terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
- The Bank and Merchants may change these terms and conditions and/or modify or terminate the Promotion. The Bank’s and Merchants’ decision are final.
- The English version shall prevail if there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions.