ManuWealth USD Insurance Plan / Jade RMB Insurance Plan
ManuWealth USD Insurance Plan / Jade RMB Insurance Plan are non-participating life insurance plans with a savings element underwritten by Manulife (International) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) (‘Manulife’). The products are insurance products and are neither bank deposits nor bank savings plans. The Bank is acting as a licensed insurance agency of Manulife.
- Guaranteed maturity return in 5 years
- Life protection for peace of mind
- Different payment options for great flexibility
- Easy application with simplified underwriting
Plan at a glance
|Basic Plan||ManuWealth USD |
|Jade RMB |
|Policy Currency||USD||Renminbi (CNY)|
|Premium Payment Period||2 years|
|Policy Term||5 years|
|Premium Payment Options||Annually / Prepay all future premiums upon application for the plan3|
|Guaranteed Annualised Rate of Return at Maturity1,4||2.40%||3.30%|
|Minimum Guaranteed Maturity Amount5||USD 60,000 per policy||CNY 400,000 per policy|
|Maximum Guaranteed Maturity Amount5||USD 142,500 per life insured||CNY 1,000,000 per life insured|
Please see the leaflet for detailsClick here to download the ManuWealth USD Insurance Plan’s leaflet
Click here to download the Jade RMB Insurance Plan’s leaflet
How to Apply
- Contact your DBS Treasures Relationship Manager or visit any of our branches
- The annualised rate of return is the rate calculated based on the total premiums for the policy you will pay (in policy currency) and the maturity amount you will receive (in policy currency) when you hold the policy to maturity. The annualised rate of return is for reference only.
- This is a limited offer and acceptance of your policy application is subject to product availability at the time of application. Manulife reserves the right to withdraw the offer of ManuWealth USD Insurance Plan / Jade RMB Insurance Plan at any time without notice.
- Premium prepayment option can only be chosen upon application for the plan. The prepaid premium will be deposited in a premium dump-in facility maintained by Manulife. The credit balance of the premium dump-in facility is payable upon policy surrender, or upon the death of the life insured, or upon policy cancellation during the cooling-off period. A surrender charge will be imposed on the credit balance of the premium dump-in facility upon policy surrender. The charge is 10% of the credit balance of the premium dump-in facility. The surrender charge is not guaranteed and may be reviewed and adjusted by Manulife from time to time. No such charge will be levied on the credit balance of the premium dump-in facility upon the death of the life insured, or upon policy cancellation during the cooling-off period.
- The figure(s) as shown is/are subject to rounding adjustment, and is/are for reference only.
- Guaranteed maturity amount is the amount which you will be paid upon policy maturity. This guaranteed maturity amount does not represent the amount of death benefit Manulife will pay.
- ManuWealth USD Insurance Plan / Jade RMB Insurance Plan are non-participating life-insurance plans with a savings element underwritten by Manulife (International) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) (‘Manulife‘). The products are insurance products and are neither bank deposits nor bank saving plans. The Bank is acting as a licensed insurance agency of Manulife.
- The below is provided to you in the Bank’s capacity as an authorised institution regulated by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority:
- ManuWealth USD Insurance Plan / Jade RMB Insurance Plan are non-participating life-insurance plans with a savings element. Part of the premium pays for the insurance and related costs. The products are aimed at customers who can pay the premiums for the whole of the premium payment period. As a result, you are advised to save enough money to cover the premiums in the future. You should be prepared to hold this product until maturity to achieve the savings target.
- Credit Risk - Any premiums you paid would become part of Manulife’s assets and so you will be exposed to Manulife’s credit risk. Manulife’s financial strength may affect its ability to meet the ongoing obligations under the insurance policy.
- Risk from cashing in (surrender) early - If you cash in the policy, the amount Manulife will pay is the cash value worked out at the time you cash in the policy, less any amount you owe Manulife. Depending on when you cash in your policy, this may be considerably less than the total premiums you have paid. You should refer to the proposal for the illustrations of the cash value Manulife projects.
- This webpage is only a reference. You should not make a decision to apply for the product based solely on this website. The risks disclosed above are not exhaustive and you should refer to the product leaflet, proposal and policy provision for the risk disclosures and exact terms and conditions and if in doubt, seek independent professional advice.
- This webpage is only for use in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.