Special Information of Coronavirus
Additional coverage in response to Novel Coronavirus infection
Partnering with Manulife Hong Kong, DBS strives to protect your health. In view of the current Novel Coronavirus outbreak, all customers who purchase Manulife’s individual financial product policies via DBS Bank, including existing and new customers, the insured (“Covered Client”) will receive special coverage relating to Novel Coronavirus from January 24, 2020 until September 30, 2020 (Extended), to ensure adequate protection and financial support when you and your family need it the most!
Additional coverage for Novel Coronavirus
From January 24, 2020 until September 30, 2020 (Extended) (“Coverage Period”), Manulife will provide customers with these additional coverage*:
- If the Covered Client is unfortunately diagnosed with Novel Coronavirus infection and is admitted to a hospital anywhere in the world during May 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020^, Manulife will provide additional hospital cash benefit of HK$800 per day, up to 45 days, without requiring the waiting period;
- If the Covered Client is unfortunately diagnosed with Novel Coronavirus infection during the Coverage Period, Manulife will provide a one-off cash benefit equivalent to HK$2,000 as a financial support.
*Subject to terms and conditions
^Hospital cash benefit of HK$600 per day is payable if the date of hospital admission falls within January 24, 2020 to April 30, 2020. Hospital cash benefit of HK$800 per day is payable if the date of hospital admission falls within May 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
Complimentary additional life protection coverage
From March 1 to September 30, 2020 (Extended), apply for a new Manulife’s individual financial product policy to enjoy complimentary additional life protection (protection period for 3 months)*. If unfortunately the life insured passes away due to Novel Coronavirus infection, Manulife will provide an extra death benefit of HK$220,000.
*Subject to terms and conditions
Please refer to the terms and conditions in the relevant leaflet, available via the following website of Manulife (including the definition of “Novel Coronavirus”) for more details.
The additional coverage above for Novel Coronavirus are provided by Manulife (International) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) (“Manulife”). DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as a licensed insurance agency of Manulife.
Flexible arrangement in response to Novel Coronavirus infection
Simplified claim procedures
Manulife has simplified claim procedures and given priority to out-patient and in-patient claims for Novel Coronavirus infection:
- Customers may submit medical claims for diagnosed cases through Manulife's eClaims platform, www.claimsimple.hk, regardless of the receipt amount;
- Related claims will be processed as soon as within one working day;
- Claim eligibility extends to the PRC government’s appointed hospitals outside of Manulife's designated hospitals in Mainland China;
- The claims submission deadline will also be waived.
Should customers have any enquiries on the arrangement, please contact Manulife Customer Service Hotline at (852) 2510 3941.
Temporary claims arrangement for admission to Community Isolation Facility / Community Treatment Facility
Some patients may be admitted to the Designated Community Facilities as arranged by the Hospital Authority (“HA”) for COVID-19 treatments in Hong Kong. Since these community facilities are unable to meet the definition of “Hospital” in policy provisions, we have temporarily amended our claim arrangement as follows:
Temporary hospital cash claims arrangement for admission to Designated Community Facilities operated by the HA in Hong Kong
|Eligible Period:||From August 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020 (both dates inclusive)|
|Designated Community:||The following community facilities operated by the HA for COVID-19 treatments:|
|Relevant Benefits:|| |
If the life insured is diagnosed with COVID-19 and admitted to the above Designated Community Facilities for COVID-19 treatments within the Eligible Period, we will consider the Designated Community Facility as equivalent to a government hospital and assess the hospital cash claims according to the terms of the Relevant Benefits. This arrangement is not applicable to those who are not diagnosed with COVID-19. For details of the benefit entitlements, please refer to the product provisions concerned and the terms and conditions for related campaign.