With effect from 1 May 2015, the "3% Cash Rebate on Online and Overseas Foreign Currencies Spending"Promotion will be replaced by "3% Cash Rebate on Online and Overseas Spending"Promotion. All applicable credit card accounts which have successfully registered for the "3% Cash Rebate on Online and Overseas Foreign Currencies Spending"Promotion on or before 30 April 2015 will be automatically enrolled in the "3% Cash Rebate on Online and Overseas Spending"Promotion without the need for re-registration.
Terms and Conditions of "3% Cash Rebate on Online and Overseas Spending" Promotion:
- "3% Cash Rebate on Online and Overseas Spending" Promotion ("Promotion") is only applicable to the principal cardholders ("Cardholders") of DBS Platinum Credit Card (excluding DBS Co-branded Cards, COMPASS VISA, 3Everyday COMPASS VISA, CV+, Private Label Cards and Business Cards) ("Applicable Credit Card") issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank", which expression shall include its successors and assigns).
- The promotion period runs from 1 May 2015 to 30 April 2016 ("Promotion Period").
- To participate in this Promotion, Cardholders must register online for the Promotion at go.dbs.com/hk-registration with their Applicable Credit Cards, read and confirm the acceptance of these terms and conditions and input the required information according to the instructions within the Promotion Period. Cardholders will be given a reference number upon successful registration for record and enquiry purposes. Each Applicable Credit Card is required to register once only. Cardholders who have failed to register for the Promotion within the Promotion Period or have provided incorrect information shall not be eligible for the Promotion. All information provided for registration will be recorded, and cannot be cancelled or amended.
- For the purpose of the Promotion, "Retail Spending" means any posted retail transactions.
- The following types of transactions shall not be considered as “Retail Spending”, “Online Spending” and “Overseas Spending”: cash advance and its handling/administration fees, application fee/handling fee/reload amount of Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service, casino chips, foreign exchange, finance charges, reversed transactions, late charges, credit card annual fee, Call-a-loan, Balance Transfer, Funds Transfer, Fee Based Instalment, tax payment, any bill payment transactions made through DBS iBanking/JET Payment Service of JETCO/24-hour Customer Services Hotline or other available means as provided by the Bank from time to time, transactions that have been subject to cancellation, charge-back, return of goods and/or refund or any other categories of transactions specified by the Bank from time to time.
- Cardholders who accumulate Retail Spending of HK$5,000 or above (for Retail Spending being settled with a Credit Card Interest-free Instalment Loan, only posted monthly instalments shall be counted) with the Applicable Credit Card in any calendar month from the month of successful registration of this Promotion till the end of Promotion Period will be entitled to an extra 3% cash rebate on the posted Online spending and Overseas Spending conducted with the Applicable Credit Card in that calendar month, in addition to the basic DBS$ rewards. Each Applicable Credit Card account may be rewarded with a maximum of HK$300 cash rebate for each calendar month.
- “Online Spending” means any retail transactions made via online, without currency limitation, but does not include any transactions made with merchants whose merchant codes are not defined as online transactions (according to the criteria of the Bank or Visa International from time to time).
- "Overseas Spending" means any retail transactions settled in foreign currencies, while any transactions settled in Hong Kong Dollars and Macau Pataca will be excluded. Dynamic Currency Conversion provides an option to settle any overseas transaction in either foreign currencies or Hong Kong Dollars. However, the selected currency is final once Cardholder has made the choice. For the avoidance of doubt, if Cardholders choose to settle an overseas transaction in Hong Kong Dollars via Dynamic Currency Conversion, the transaction is not counted as Overseas Spending.
- Online Spending and Overseas Spending are collectively named as “Online and Overseas Spending”. If a transaction can be considered as both Online Spending and Overseas Spending, such transaction will be only counted as one Online and Overseas Spending.
- Any transactions conducted with a supplementary card of the Applicable Credit Card will be counted as the spending under the principal card account. Transactions conducted with different credit cards of the same Cardholder cannot be combined.
- Cash rebate will be credited to the Applicable Credit Card account within 3 months from the end of the calendar month in which the related transactions are posted, and will be shown in the relevant monthly statement. The cash rebate will be rounded down to an integral, and decimal places will not be counted.
- Cash rebate cannot be transferred, used to settle minimum payment, or exchanged for cash, credit limit or other discount/good/service.
- Eligibility of any transaction for the purpose of the Promotion shall be determined based on its transaction date and time in the Bank’s record. If there is any discrepancy between the Bank’s record and Cardholder’s transaction slip, the Bank’s record and determination shall be final and conclusive.
- Cash rebate is only applicable to Cardholders whose Applicable Credit Card accounts are in good standing, remain valid and not in default (as determined by the Bank at its sole discretion) during the Promotion Period until the cash rebate has been credited. If the account status has changed, the Bank reserves the right to terminate the cash rebate for the Cardholder and/or charge the Cardholder with any amount of the cash rebate awarded without prior notice. The Bank shall have the sole discretion in determining a Cardholder’s entitlement to the cash rebate.
- Cardholders must retain the original transaction slips of any transactions. In case of any disputes, the Bank reserves the right to require Cardholders to submit the relevant original transaction slips, other documents or evidence for verification. The submitted transaction slips, documents and/or evidence will not be returned. If there is any discrepancy between the Bank’s record and Cardholder’s record of any transaction, the Bank’s record shall prevail.
- Any fraud and/or abuse of the Promotion (as determined by the Bank at its sole discretion) will result in forfeiture of the Cardholder’s entitlement to the cash rebate and/or cancellation of all or part of the Cardholder’s account(s) with the Bank. The Bank reserves the right to deduct the cash rebate amount awarded to a Cardholder inappropriately pursuant to any fraud and/or abuse directly from the Cardholder’s account(s) held with the Bank without prior notice and/or take legal action in such instances to recover any such amounts.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as well as to vary or terminate the Promotion. In case of any disputes, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
- In the event of discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.