Welcome Offer Terms and Conditions
- The “Welcome Offer” is only available to applicants who i) submit the DBS Eminent Card Application Form ("Application Form") to DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”) from 1 March to 30 April 2018 ("Offer Period") and ii) submit all supporting documents required by the Bank within one month from the date of application and have successfully applied to become the principal cardholder of DBS Eminent Card (including DBS Eminent Visa Signature Card and DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card) ("New Card") to be issued by the Bank.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Welcome Offer is applicable to both “New Customers” and “Existing Customers” (collectively, the “Customers”). “New Customers” shall mean applicants who, during the New Card approval process have not applied for, do not currently hold, or in the 12 months prior to the date of application for the New Card, have not held and/or cancelled any principal credit cards (including co-branded cards and/or COMPASS VISA credit cards) issued by the Bank. “Existing Customers" shall mean applicants who are not New Customers.
- New Customers are entitled to choose any one applicable welcome offer set out below:
- 2 pcs of HK$380 “Wong Tze Wah Standup Comedy 2018” Tickets; OR
- 10% Cash Rebate (up to HK$700 Cash Rebate)
Existing Customers will automatically be assigned “10% Cash Rebate” as his/her Welcome Offer. The maximum cash rebate offered under this Welcome Offer is HK$200.
New Customer shall indicate his/her choice of the Welcome Offer on the Application Form. Once such choice has been made, it cannot be changed.
Each customer can enjoy the Welcome Offer once during the Offer Period. For the avoidance of doubt, if customer has successfully applied for more than one New Card with the Bank by submitting multiple Application Forms to the Bank, he/she will only be entitled to redeem ONE Welcome Offer in respect of all applications submitted during the Offer Period.
Customers must successfully download DBS Omni mobile application, register and activate DBS Omni account within 2 months of the New Card issuance date (“Spending Period”) to be eligible for the applicable Welcome Offer. Existing Customers who have already downloaded DBS Omni mobile application, registered and activated DBS Omni account, can simply conduct retail transaction (“Eligible Spending”, as defined in clause 10 below) with the New Card to enjoy the Welcome Offer.
Terms and Conditions applicable to 2pcs of HK$380 “Wong Tze Wah Standup Comedy 2018” Tickets
Terms and Conditions applicable to “10% Cash Rebate”
- New Customers will be entitled to 2pcs of HK$380 “Wong Tze Wah Standup Comedy 2018” Tickets (“Tickets”) upon conducting Eligible Spending of HK$7,000 (“Spending Requirement”) with New Card within the Spending Period.
- The Tickets will be sent to the correspondence address provided by the New Customer in the Application Form by 30 June 2018 via ordinary mail by our designated service vendor once the New Card has been activated on or before 10 June 2018. The correspondence address must be a valid Hong Kong address. New Customers should ensure the correctness of the correspondence address provided in the Application Form, the Bank is not liable for any ticket loss due to incorrect or incomplete correspondence address provided by the New Customers. If the New Card has not been activated on or before 10 June 2018, New Customers will not be entitled to the Tickets.
- If the New Customer does not meet the Spending Requirement and/or fails to register and activate DBS Omni account within the Spending Period, the Bank will debit the value of the Tickets, i.e. HK$760, and an administration charge of HK$64 directly from New Customer’s New Card account within 3 months after the end of the Spending Period without prior notice if the Tickets are offered.
- The Bank reserves the right for show date and seat allocation for all issued tickets. All issued tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded and changed. The Bank accepts no liability whatsoever for tickets loss and no tickets will be re-issued.
- If New Customers have not received the tickets by the above specific period or have lost/destroyed the tickets, New Customer may contact DBS Credit Card Customer Service hotline at 2290 8005 for assistance.
- Tickets are available on a first-come-first-served basis, while stock lasts. The Bank may offer tickets under other show date at its sole discretion and reserves the right to substitute the Tickets with “10% Cash Rebate” (as stated in clause 8 below) in case the Tickets are out of stock without prior notice.
- VJ Limited (“the Organizer”) reserves the right for alternation of show date. In the case of any change on the show date, time and venue of the Talk Show, the Organizer reserves the right of the final decision. The decision of the Organizer shall be final and binding.
- If the show is cancelled, the Bank reserves the right to substitute the Tickets with “10% Cash Rebate” (as stated in clause 8 below). The decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
- One admission ticket per person. Program contains adult elements and coarse language and only allow the admission of persons aged 18 or above.
- Customers understand and accept that the Bank is not the supplier of the show. The show details, photos and ticket price shown on the Bank’s website is not provided by the Bank and is for reference only. Therefore, the Bank shall have no liability relating to any aspect of the products/services about the show.
Welcome Offer is not applicable to applicants who, during the New Card approval process, have applied for or held any principal DBS Eminent Visa Signature Card and/ or DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card (formerly named as DBS Visa Platinum Card, DBS Visa Gold Card or DBS Visa Classic Card).
For the purpose of the Welcome Offer, “Eligible Spending” refers to any posted retail transactions, including Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service. For a purchase under Card Interest-free Instalment Loan, only posted monthly instalments in the New Card account shall be counted. For the avoidance of doubt, the following types of transaction shall not fall under the scope of Eligible Spending: fund purchases, cash advances and relevant handling/administration fees, casino chips, foreign exchange, finance charges, reversed transactions, late charges, credit card annual fee, Call-a-loan, Balance Transfer, Funds Transfer, Fee Based Instalment, transactions in Hong Kong Dollars at the point of sales (In case of online transactions, the place of registration and/or settlement of the merchant) outside Hong Kong, reload of e-wallets (including but not limited to PayMe, WeChat Pay and Alipay), insurance payment, tax payment, any bill payment transactions made through DBS iBanking, JET Payment Service, 24-hour Customer Services Hotline or any other means as specified by the Bank from time to time, transactions that have been subject to cancellation, charge-back, return of goods and/or refund or any other types of transactions specified by the Bank from time to time.
Total Eligible Spending shall be calculated based on Eligible Spending conducted with each New Card successfully applied during the Offer Period. If customer has successfully applied for more than one New Card, Eligible Spending transactions conducted with different New Cards cannot be combined for the purpose of calculating total Eligible Spending. The amount of any Eligible Spending transactions conducted through any supplementary card under the New Card will be aggregated with that of the principal card of the New Card for the purpose of calculating total Eligible Spending.
Welcome Offer is not transferrable, and it cannot be exchanged for cash, credit limit or other prizes.
Welcome Offer is only available to customers whose New Card accounts are determined in the sole discretion of the Bank to be in good standing, remain valid and not in default during the relevant Spending Period and when the Welcome Offer is issued. The Bank shall have the sole discretion in determining a customer’s entitlement to the Welcome Offer.
The Bank shall have the sole discretion in determining a customers’ eligibility to enjoy the Welcome Offer, and reserves the right to disqualify any customers from enjoying the Welcome Offer for any reasons.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions may not enforce any of their terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
Entitlement of the Welcome Offer is subject to there being no abuse/non compliance by the customer, failing which the Bank will debit the value of the Welcome Offer and administration charge (if applicable) from the customer’s account without notice and/or take such action to recover any outstanding amounts.
The Bank may change these terms and conditions and/or modify or terminate the Welcome Offer. The Bank’s decision is final.
The English version shall prevail if there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions.
- Customers will be entitled to 10% cash rebate ("Cash Rebate") on the Eligible Spending conducted with the New Card within the Spending Period. The maximum Cash Rebate offered to New Customers and Existing Customers under this Welcome Offer is HK$700 and HK$200 respectively.
- Cash Rebate will be rounded up to the nearest integer, credited to the New Card account of customers within 3 months after the end of the Spending Period, and shown on the monthly statement.
DBS Credit Card Application Terms and Conditions
- By making an application to the Bank for the designated credit card ("Card"), you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions and shall be bound by them.
- Use of the Card shall be subject to the DBS Personal Credit Card Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions applicable to the use of any related services (such as "Call-a-loan" Service and Balance Transfer) which you have applied or may apply to use. Copies of such terms and conditions are available on request from the 24-hour Customer Services Hotline at 2290 8888 or from the Bank's website at www.dbs.com.hk or at any branches of the Bank.
- The minimum annual income requirement for the application of DBS Eminent Visa Signature Card is HK$360,000, your application will be treated as DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card if you are unable to meet the annual income requirement. The minimum annual income requirement for the application of DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card is HK$150,000.
- You declare and warrant to the Bank that the information provided in the application for the Card and all the supporting documents are true, correct and complete. You hereby authorise the Bank to verify your information contained in the application and any supporting documents from any source that the Bank may deem appropriate. The information you have provided to the Bank in the application is required and will be used by the Bank to assess your application for the Card and provide ongoing services to you. Failure by you to provide any such required information to the Bank may result in your application for the Card to be rejected.
- You agree that the Bank's Data Policy Notice in force from time to time together with any other notices and communications concerning your data issued by the Bank from time to time ("Data Policy") shall apply to all information related to you that you have provided to the Bank in the application for the Card or that the Bank has obtained from any other sources or that arises from your relationship with the Bank or any other DBS Group company ("Data"). You are deemed to have read and understood the Data Policy and you agree that the Data Policy shall form part of the DBS Personal Credit Card Terms and Conditions. Copies of the Data Policy are available on request from the 24-hour Customer Services Hotline at 2290 8888 or from the Bank's website at www.dbs.com.hk or at any branches of the Bank. Your Data may be used for such purposes and disclosed to such persons (whether in or outside Hong Kong) in accordance with the Data Policy. You hereby agree, in particular, that the Bank may: (a) verify, provide and collect information about you from other organisations, institutions or other persons; (b) transfer the Data outside Hong Kong SAR including to Singapore; (c) compare your Data with any data the Bank has obtained and use the results for taking of any action including actions that may be adverse to your interests (including declining the application for the Card); and (d) provide your Data to credit reference agencies, or, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies.
- You understand that you have the right to: (a) request to be informed which items of Data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies; (b) request to be provided with further information to enable an access and/or correction request to be made to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency; and (c) ask the Bank to request the relevant credit reference agencies to delete your consumer credit data upon termination of the credit card account if there is no payment default for a period in excess of 60 days on the account within 5 years immediately before the termination of the account. If there is any payment default, unless the amount in default is fully repaid or written off (other than due to a bankruptcy order) before the expiry of 60 days from the date such default occurred, you are liable to have your consumer credit data retained by the relevant credit reference agencies for a period of up to 5 years from the final settlement date of the default amount. In the event any amount in the credit card account is written off due to a bankruptcy order being made against you, you are liable to have your consumer credit data retained by the relevant credit reference agencies, regardless of whether there is payment default for a period in excess of 60 days on the account, for a period of up to 5 years from the final settlement date of the default amount or 5 years from the date of discharge of your bankruptcy as notified to the credit reference agency whichever is earlier.
- If you have previously submitted any documents to the Bank with respect to other banking services, you hereby consent to the Bank's retrieval and use of such documents for the purpose of reviewing your application for the Card as the Bank sees fit.
- The annual fee chargeable for a DBS Eminent Visa Signature Card is HK$2,000, and for a DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card is HK$1,800, while that for each supplementary card issued thereunder is HK$1,000 and HK$900 respectively.
- The current annualized percentage rate ("APR") applicable for calculating any finance charge is as follows:
DBS Eminent Card
for Bill Payment of the merchant category of “Security Broker”
for Bill Payment of the merchant categories of “Banking and Credit Card Services”, “Credit Card Payment” and/or Credit Card Services”
for other transaction(s), including general Bill Payment
* For explanation of this remark, please refer to the same remark under the Key Facts Statement.
The Bank reserves the right to revise the APRs from time to time with prior notice.
Highlights of DBS Personal Credit Card Terms and Conditions
You must read the entire DBS Personal Credit Card Terms and Conditions carefully. Your attention is drawn to the following key terms and conditions.
- Immediately after you receive a Card, please review the DBS Personal Credit Card Terms and Conditions and if you accept it, please (i) complete the Card acknowledgment/activation procedure; and (ii) sign the back of the Card without delay.
- You must keep your Card securely and ensure that your PIN is not disclosed to any other person. You must take all reasonable steps to keep your Card safe and your PIN secret and to help prevent fraud.
- Should you discover that your Card or PIN is lost, stolen or used in an unauthorised way, you must notify us as soon as reasonably practicable upon discovery of the loss, theft or unauthorised use.
- Provided that you have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence and you have not failed to inform us of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your Card and/or the PIN, you shall not be liable for any unauthorised transactions (except cash advances). If you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence, then you shall be liable for all unauthorised transactions.
- You shall be liable for all transactions effected or authorised through the use of the Card. If there is a Supplementary Card, you are jointly and severally liable with the Supplementary Cardholder for such part of the outstanding balance in connection with the Supplementary Card. The Supplementary Cardholder is liable, jointly and severally with you, only for such part of the outstanding balance as relates to the use of his/her Supplementary Card.
- On or before the payment due date in each month, you must pay us the statement balance in full or at least pay the minimum payment as specified in any monthly statement in accordance with the Fee Schedule or any other notice. If you fail to pay the minimum payment on the payment due date as specified in any monthly statement, then your Card Account will be regarded as in a delinquent status and a late fee and a finance charge will be charged.
- You agree to examine each Card Account statement received from us and to notify us of any alleged error or omission within 60 days after such statement was provided. After such 60-day period, such statement shall be deemed accepted and conclusively settled and no claim to the contrary by you shall be admissible.
- We may (where the circumstances are considered reasonable) at any time suspend, withdraw, cancel or terminate your right to use the Card, Card Account and/or any related services offered. You may terminate your Card and Card Account at any time by giving us notice. Upon the termination of your Card and Card Account, all outstanding debit balances shall become immediately due and payable.
- We shall be entitled at any time and without notice to you, to combine or consolidate any credit balance on any of your accounts maintained with us (whether matured or not) with the settlement of any debit balance on your Card Account and to set off any such credit balance against any such debit balance.
- If you report an unauthorised transaction to us before the payment due date, you may withhold payment of the disputed amount during the investigation period.
- We may, at our discretion, appoint debt collection agents and/or lawyers for collection of any moneys owing by you to us or for enforcement of any of our rights against you hereunder. You shall indemnify us on demand in respect of all collection costs and expenses that we reasonably incur. The total collection costs to be recovered shall in normal circumstances not exceed 30% of the amount owing by you to us.