All Applicable Cards which have been successfully registered for the “DBS Eminent Card Unlimited Rebate” Program on or before 31 December 2018 can participate in the Program in 2019 continuously without further registration.
“DBS Eminent Card Unlimited Rebate” Program Terms and Conditions:
- “DBS Eminent Card Unlimited Rebate” Program (“Program”) is only applicable to the principal cardholders (“Cardholders”) of DBS Eminent Card including DBS Eminent Visa Signature Card and DBS Eminent Visa Platinum Card (“Applicable Card”) issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”).
- The Program will end on 31 December 2019.
- To participate in this Program, Cardholders must register online for the Program successfully via DBS Omni mobile application or webpage (go.dbs.com/hk-registration-en) following below steps:
- Register DBS Omni membership (for those Cardholders who are already with DBS Omni membership may skip step i and go to step ii directly);
- Register the Program with his/her Applicable Cards. Cardholders have to read and confirm the acceptance of these terms and conditions and input the required information according to the instructions. Cardholders will be given a reference number upon successful registration for record and enquiry purposes. Each Applicable Card is required to register once only.
- If there is a supplementary card under the Applicable Card account, registration by principal cardholder is required only. Cardholders who have not or have failed to register for the Program will not be eligible for the Program. Upon successful registration, no cancellation or amendment is allowed.
- Upon successful registration, Cardholders’ “Eligible Spending” (as defined in clause 6 below) conducted with the Applicable Card on the next calendar day following the successful registration till the end of the Program will be awarded as below:
- 1% Rebate on Local Retail Spending
“Local Retail Spending” refers to Eligible Spending in Hong Kong Dollars and Macau Pataca at the point of sales (in case of online transactions, the place of registration and/or settlement of the merchant) in Hong Kong and Macau. Cardholders shall be awarded DBS$2.5 for every HK$250 worth of Local Retail Spending (i.e. DBS$1 for HK$100) (“Local Retail Spending Reward”).
- 2% Rebate on Retail Spending in Foreign Currencies
“Retail Spending in Foreign Currencies” refers to Eligible Spending in foreign currencies (excluding Macau Pataca) at the point of sales (in case of online transactions, the place of registration and/or settlement of the merchant) outside Hong Kong. Cardholders shall be awarded DBS$5 for every HK$250 worth of Retail Spending in Foreign Currencies (i.e. DBS$1 for HK50) (“Foreign Currency Retail Spending Reward”). For the avoidance of doubt, for the purpose of this Program, transactions in Macau Pataca shall be counted as Local Retail Spending, while transactions in Hong Kong Dollars at the point of sales (in case of online transactions, the place of registration and/or settlement of the merchant) outside Hong Kong (“DCC transaction”) shall not be counted as Eligible Spending or Retail Spending in Foreign Currencies under this Program.
Local Retail Spending Reward and Foreign Currency Retail Spending Reward (collectively referred as “Rewards”) shall include the basic reward of DBS$1 for every HK$250 spending entitled by the Cardholders under the DBS$ Reward Scheme.
- For the purpose of this Program, "Eligible Spending" refers to all posted retail purchase transactions at any points of sales (either physical or online) of merchants, including Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service, reload of e-wallets (e.g. PayMe and WeChat Pay). For a purchase transaction under Card Interest-free Instalment Loan, a Cardholder earns Rewards as and when the instalment is posted to the Applicable Card account. For avoidance of doubt, the following types of transactions shall not fall under the scope of Eligible Spending: fund purchases, cash advances and relevant handling/administration fees, casino chips, foreign exchange, finance charges, reversed transactions, late charges, credit card annual fee, Call-a-loan, Balance Transfer, Funds Transfer, Fee Based Instalment, DCC transactions, insurance payment, tax payment, any bill payment transactions made through DBS iBanking, JET Payment Service or any other means as specified by the Bank from time to time, transactions that have been subject to cancellation, charge-back, return of goods and/or refund or any other types of transactions specified by the Bank from time to time. For fund purchase, Cardholders will be awarded according to the DBS$ Reward Scheme. For other types of transactions, Cardholders will not be awarded according to this Program or DBS$ Reward Scheme. For details of the DBS$ Reward Scheme, please refer to DBS$ Reward Scheme Terms and Conditions which is available on the Bank’s website.
- For Cardholders who choose to participate in DBS$ Cash Rebate Scheme under the DBS$ Reward Scheme, every DBS$1 earned in a statement cycle will be automatically converted into HK$1 cash rebate on the date of the statement issued for that statement cycle and credited to the Applicable Card account on the following day. For Cardholders who choose to participate in DBS$ Redemption Scheme under the DBS$ Reward Scheme, DBS$ earned from this Program in a statement cycle will be included in the “Current Month Earned DBS$” on the monthly statement. When calculating the entitlement to DBS$, the amount of each Eligible Spending will be rounded down to the nearest integral, decimal places (if any) will not be counted. If Cardholder changes the DBS$ Reward Scheme, the Bank will credit the Rewards based on the Cardholder's DBS$ Reward Scheme recorded in the Bank's system at the time the Rewards are calculated.
- Eligible Spending accumulated in different Applicable Card accounts of a Cardholder cannot be combined when calculating Rewards. If there is a supplementary card under the Applicable Card account, Eligible Spending under a supplementary card will be deemed Eligible Spending under the principal card for calculation of Rewards.
- Rewards are only applicable to Cardholders whose Applicable Card accounts are in good standing, remain valid and not in default (as determined by the Bank at its sole discretion) throughout the Program and when the Rewards are being credited to the Applicable Card account. If the Applicable Card account status has changed, the Bank reserves the right to not issuing the Rewards without prior notice.
- Eligibility of any transactions for the purpose of this Program shall be determined based on the transaction posting date and time in the Bank’s record. If there is any discrepancy between the Bank’s record and Cardholder’s record of any transaction, the Bank’s record shall prevail.
- Participation in the Program is subject to there being no abuse/non compliance by the Cardholder, failing which the Bank will debit the values of the Rewards from the Cardholder’s account without notice and/or take such action to recover any outstanding amounts.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions may not enforce any of their terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
- The Bank may change these terms and conditions and/or modify or terminate the Program. The Bank’s decision is final.
- The English version shall prevail if there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions.