DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MOBILE CARD
These terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") apply when you add a credit card issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank", which expression shall include its successors and assigns) (a "Card") to a Digital Wallet (as defined below). These Terms and Conditions set out your responsibilities and obligations in respect of your use of your Card within a Digital Wallet. By installing your Card within a Digital Wallet, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
The expressions defined in the terms and conditions governing the use of your Card shall bear the same meanings when used in these Terms and Conditions, and the following words shall have the corresponding meanings:
"Digital Wallet" means any electronic device installed with an electronic format of your Card ("Mobile Card"), which allows the use of your Card without presenting the Card in plastic card form;
"we", "us" or "our" refers to the Bank; and
"you" or "your" refers to the user of the Digital Wallet who can either be a Principal Cardholder or a Supplementary Cardholder.
- ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By installing and/or using your Card within a Digital Wallet, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are supplementary to and shall form part of the DBS Personal Credit Card Terms and Conditions ("Credit Card Agreement") governing the use of your Card and shall operate in addition to all other terms and conditions to which you are subject, including our applicable data policies and any security measures implemented by us from time to time in relation to the use of your Card. The Credit Card Agreement (including interest, fees and charges) remains applicable to your Mobile Card when you enrol or use your Card in a Digital Wallet. All references to "Card" in the Credit Card Agreement include a Mobile Card and all references to "Card transactions" in the Credit Card Agreement include transactions made with a Mobile Card.
- In relation to the use of the Digital Wallet, if there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR AND SETTING UP A MOBILE CARD
- Only Cards which we decide in our sole discretion as eligible from time to time may be enrolled as Mobile Cards to a Digital Wallet.
- You may enrol a Card to be a Mobile Card for a Digital Wallet by following the instructions of the Digital Wallet provider. You acknowledge that the Digital Wallet provider has the right to decline the enrolment of a Card or to suspend or delete or reactivate a Mobile Card enrolled with the Digital Wallet. We shall not be liable if you are unable to enrol a Card on a Digital Wallet for any reason.
- If your Card or underlying Card Account is not in good standing, that Card may not be eligible to enrol or to be used as a Mobile Card in a Digital Wallet.
- For the purpose of your enrolling a Card to be a Mobile Card for a Digital Wallet, we shall send you a "One Time Password" ("OTP") at the time your Card is being enrolled as a Mobile Card. You acknowledge that this OTP shall be sent to your mobile number registered with us.
- USE OF MOBILE CARD
- You may use your Mobile Card to enter into authorised transactions where a Digital Wallet is accepted.
- Transactions made with your Mobile Card will be charged to the underlying Card Account of the Card which was used to enrol that Mobile Card.
- We do not charge you a fee to set up or use your Card as a Mobile Card in a Digital Wallet but we reserve the right to charge any additional fees for adding or using your Card as a Mobile Card in the Digital Wallet with notification.
- You acknowledge that your Mobile Card may be utilised to carry out transactions by tapping or waving the Mobile Card at a merchant′s contactless-enabled point of sale terminal or reader ("Contactless Payment Reader") ("Contactless Transactions"). We reserve the right to set and vary any limit on Contactless Transactions (including per transaction or daily or other limit) from time to time.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, you acknowledge the ease of which unauthorised Contactless Transactions may be carried out and accept the risk of unauthorised Contactless Transactions.
- DIGITAL WALLET
- You require mobile network connection in order to install and use your Mobile Card. You should bear all fees, charges and expenses imposed by the mobile network operator for providing services to you to support the use of your Mobile Card.
- When you enrol your Card for use with a Digital Wallet, to facilitate your participation in the Digital Wallet, you acknowledge that certain account information related to the Card may be transmitted to and stored within your electronic device or on the Digital Wallet provider′s platform or on the system of a third party working with the Digital Wallet provider for purposes of the Digital Wallet ("Stored Information"). You acknowledge and agree that for the use of the Mobile Card with the Digital Wallet, the Digital Wallet provider and/or the third party working with the Digital Wallet provider may use and/or disclose the Stored Information we provide them.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Digital Wallet login information, including your user name and/or password associated with your electronic device or Digital Wallet, and the security of your electronic device. No other person should be allowed to use your Mobile Card to make any transactions.
- Before disposing of any electronic devices on which a Mobile Card has been installed, you are responsible for deleting your Mobile Card and Digital Wallet login information from the electronic device.
- You must not use your Digital Wallet on any electronic device that you know or have reason to believe has had its security or integrity compromised (e.g. where the device has been "rooted" or had its security mechanisms bypassed). You will be solely liable for any losses, damages and expenses incurred as a result of your use of any Digital Wallet on a compromised electronic device.
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF USE OF MOBILE CARD
- We may at any time suspend, withdraw, cancel or terminate your use of your Mobile Card (with or without exercising the same action on your Card in plastic card form) with a Digital Wallet with or without giving any reason or notice. Although prior notice of any such action may be given, except as otherwise required by applicable law, we shall be under no obligation to give you any such prior notice. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatever nature suffered or incurred whether directly or indirectly by you as a result of any such action.
- Without prejudice to our rights under Clause 6.1 above, we may terminate your Mobile Card without giving any notice:
- upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any terms and conditions of the Credit Card Agreement;
- upon suspicion of fraudulent activity; and/or
- upon termination of the Card and Card Account.
- You may terminate your Mobile Card (with or without terminating your Card in plastic card form) at any time by giving us notice through such channel (including writing to us or via designated service hotline) as accepted by us from time to time. You should then delete your Mobile Card from the Digital Wallet.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Your Digital Wallet is provided by your Digital Wallet provider and the Bank is not responsible for its use or function. You acknowledge and agree that the Bank makes no representations, warranties or conditions relating to a Digital Wallet of any kind, and in particular, the Bank does not warrant or guarantee:
- the operability or functionality of your Digital Wallet or that your Digital Wallet will be available to complete a transaction;
- that any particular merchant will accept your Mobile Card;
- that your Digital Wallet will meet your requirements or that the operation of your Digital Wallet will be uninterrupted or error-free; and
- the availability or operability of the wireless networks of any electronic device.
- You acknowledge and agree that access, use and maintenance of a Mobile Card with a Digital Wallet depends on the Digital Wallet provider and the network connectivity and other third party services, applications or websites. The Bank does not operate the Digital Wallets or such networks and does not control their operations. We will not be liable to you for any circumstances which interrupt, prevent or otherwise affect the functioning of any Mobile Card with a Digital Wallet, such as unavailability of the Digital Wallet or your wireless service, communications, network delays, limitations on wireless coverage, system outages or interruption of a wireless connection. The Bank disclaims any responsibility for the Digital Wallet provider or any wireless service used to access, use or maintain a Mobile Card with a Digital Wallet.
- We shall not be liable whatsoever in relation to a Digital Wallet and/or Mobile Card, including without limitation, the performance or non-performance of your Digital Wallet and/or Mobile Card, or any loss, injury or inconvenience which you may suffer.
- We are not responsible for, and do not provide, any support or assistance for the Digital Wallet, any third party hardware, software or other products or services (including any technology-related questions you may have in connection with the Digital Wallet or your electronic device). You should contact the Digital Wallet provider for all technical assistance on the Digital Wallet (including but not limited to the types of electronic devices which support that Digital Wallet).
- DUTY TO NOTIFY
Should you lose the electronic device which has a Digital Wallet containing your Mobile Card, discover that your Mobile Card had been used without your authorisation, or believe that your electronic device or Digital Wallet login information or other means to access your Digital Wallet have been compromised, you must notify us and request that we deactivate your Mobile Card as soon as reasonably practicable by calling our Customer Service Hotline at 2290 8888. In certain circumstances, we may also require you to make a police report accompanied by written confirmation of the loss or disclosure and any other information that we may require. Provided that you have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence and you have not failed to inform us of the loss or unauthorised use of your Digital Wallet, you shall not be liable for any unauthorised transactions carried out before and/or after we have been notified of the loss or unauthorised use of your Mobile Card.
We may from time to time by notice to you change any of these Terms and Conditions. Such changes will become effective and binding on you on the effective date specified by us. By retaining your Mobile Card in a Digital Wallet and/or use of your Mobile Card after the effective date of any change will constitute your acceptance of such change. If you do not accept any proposed change, you must deactivate your Mobile Card prior to the effective date of the change.
- Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong)
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions may not enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong), but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Ordinance.
- OTHER VERSIONS OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
- Your biometric credentials, including fingerprint and iris, used for authentication of digital wallet contactless transactions are not stored and cannot be deleted by us.
- If you want to withdraw from using the biometric authentication method or check whether you have successfully removed your biometric credentials from your electronic device, please do so in your device’s settings.
- DO NOT store anyone else’s fingerprint or biometric credentials in your electronic device.
- If you have already set up access to your electronic device by way of passcode or fingerprint or other biometric credentials, review this and ensure that you change any passcode that can easily be guessed or that has already been shared with anyone else and delete any fingerprint or other biometric credentials that is not your own.