COMPASS VISA ”Tap to win” Lucky Draw and COMPASS VISA Big Bonus Draw Terms and Conditions (Revised Version as per 1 Sep 2018):
- ‘COMPASS VISA “Tap to win” Lucky Draw’ (the “Lucky Draw”) and “COMPASS VISA Big Bonus Draw” (the “Bonus Draw”) is only applicable to the principal cardholders (“Cardholders”) of DBS COMPASS VISA (“Applicable Credit Card”) issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”), transactions conducted by supplementary card is not applicable to the Lucky Draw and Bonus Draw.
- The promotion period for the Lucky Draw and Bonus Draw is from 16 April 2018 to 31 December 2018, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”). The registration date is from 16 April 2018 (00:00) to 31 December 2018 (23:59) (“Registration Period”) and is determined based on the time record of the system of the Bank’s website.
- Chance of Lucky Draw: Cardholders can participate in the Lucky Draw with single eligible transaction (“Eligible Transaction “, as defined in Clause 5 below) of amount HK$500 or above conducted with the Applicable Credit Card during the Promotion Period. For single Eligible Transaction with amount of HK$500 or above, Cardholders are entitled to 2 lucky draw chances in the Lucky Draw including 1 guaranteed prize of at least $1 COMPASS Dollar. For single Eligible Transaction with amount of HK$1,000 or above, Cardholders are entitled to 4 lucky draw chances in the Lucky Draw including 1 guaranteed prize of at least $1 COMPASS Dollar. For single Eligible Transaction with amount of HK$5,000 or above, Cardholders are entitled to a 8 lucky draw chances including 1 guaranteed prize of at least $10 COMPASS Dollar.
- Each Eligible Transaction must be drawn within 60 days of its transaction date (the calculation of the transaction date of Eligible Transaction is based on the Bank’s record) or within Registration Period (whichever is earlier), otherwise it will be forfeited.
- For the purpose of this promotion, “Eligible Transaction” shall mean any retail spending at any merchants of HK$500 or above (based on net transaction amount). Eligible transactions in foreign currencies will be converted to Hong Kong Dollar using the prevailing exchange rate adopted by Credit Card of the Bank on the date of conversion in order to count the eligible amount. For the avoidance of doubt, the following types of transaction are not Eligible Transactions: cash advances and its handling/administration fee, Balance Transfer, Flexi Cash, Call-a-loan, Funds Transfer, Card Interest-Free Installment Loan, autopay, insurance payment, tax payment, Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service and its handline fee/application fee, casino chips, foreign exchange , securities transaction, credit card annual fee, finance charges, late charges, reversed transactions, any bill payment transactions made through DBS iBanking, JET Payment Service or any other means as specified by the Bank from time to time, transactions in Hong Kong Dollars at the point of sales (in case of online transactions, the place of registration of the merchant) outside Hong Kong), cancelled transactions, and any transactions under charge-back, refund, return of goods purchase and/or reload of stored value cards, reload of e-wallets (including but not limited to PayMe, WeChat Pay and Alipay), purchase on e-wallet (exclude Alipay) ) or any other types of transactions as the Bank may specify from time to time. For transactions of Credit Card Fee-based Instalment and COMPASS VISA Flexi-shopping Program, only the net transaction amount first approved will be counted, any subsequent monthly installment amount will not be eligible to this promotion.
- Each Eligible Transaction can only be used to register for this promotion once and cannot be re-used in other promotional programmes of the Bank.
- Apart from the guarantee price, Cardholders may also obtain $5 COMPASS Dollars, $10 COMPASS Dollars, $100 COMPASS Dollars, $500 COMPASS Dollars, $1,000 COMPASS Dollars, COMPASS Lucky Ticket or “Thank You” (“Lucky Draw Prize”).
Procedure of the lucky draw:
- Cardholders shall register DBS Omni mobile application in order to participate in the Lucky Draw and the Bonus Draw. Cardholders should read and confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Once the Eligible Transaction is posted successfully and display in the Timeline function of the DBS Omni App, Cardholders can participate in the Lucky Draw by clicking the COMPASS Visa “Tap to Win” Lucky Draw icon as shown on that transaction item.
- The computer system will direct the Cardholders to proceed with the lucky draw.
- After the lucky draw, the result will be shown instantly, and will receive confirmation email.
- Cardholders can check the draw result by browsing the Timeline function of DBS Omni. All the draw results will be kept for 3 months (from the transaction date).
- COMPASS Dollars entitled by Cardholders will be credited to Cardholders' Applicable Credit Card accounts directly within 1 week after the date of lucky draw and records will be shown on the monthly statement.
- Cardholders can participate in the Bonus Draw with COMPAS Lucky Ticket (“Lucky Ticket”) drawn. Each designated stage of The Bonus Draw has its own prize at the draw box for Cardholder to place the Lucky Ticket. Only 1 winner will be drawn in each designated stage of Bonus Draw. Cardholder needs to login DBS Omni Bonus Draw page to place his/her desired number of Lucky Ticket inside the lucky draw box before the deadline of any designated stage that during the Promotion Period. When placing 1 Lucky Ticket into the lucky draw box, Cardholders will be entitled to 1 draw chance of that designated stage. Each Lucky Ticket can be used once only. If Cardholders do not use the Lucky Ticket within the Promotion Period, the Lucky Ticket will be void.
Bonus Draw schedule
||Result Announcement date
|16 Apr to 30 Jun 2018
||On or before 30 Sep 2018
|1 Jul to 30 Sep 2018
||On or before 31 Dec 2018
|1 Oct to 31 Dec 2018
||On or before 31 Mar 2019
- The grand prize of each designated stage will be announced on DBS Omni Bonus Draw Page.
- The lucky draw result of Bonus Draw will be announced at dbs.com.hk
- Lucky Draw Prizes cannot be transferred nor exchanged for cash, credit limit or other prizes.
- If there is any discrepancy between the relevant transaction record against the Bank's record, the Bank's record shall be conclusive. The lucky draw results obtained from the DBS Omni mobile application do not represent confirmations by the Bank for Cardholders’ entitlement to the Lucky Draw Prizes, which can only be confirmed upon the relevant transaction being verified by the Bank.
- Cardholders must keep all original transaction slips of the Eligible Transaction and record of the lucky draw result (with lucky draw result and reference number clearly stated). In the event of any disputes, the Bank reserves the right to require Cardholders to present the relevant original transaction slips and other information for verification. All transaction slips submitted to the Bank will not be returned.
- To obtain the Lucky Draw Prize, Cardholders’ Applicable Credit Card account must be valid, not in default and in good standing (as determined by the Bank at its sole discretion) during the Promotion Period and when the Lucky Draw Prize is presented. Cardholders’ entitlement to the Lucky Draw Prize is determined by the Bank’s sole discretion.
- Participation in the Lucky Draw and Bonus Draw is subject to there being no abuse/non compliance by the Cardholders, failing which the Bank will debit the values of the Lucky Draw Prize from the Cardholder’s account without notice and/or take such action to recover any outstanding amounts.
- The Bank is not the supplier of the Lucky Draw Prizes and will not accept any liability in relation to the Lucky Draw Prizes. Any enquiry should be made to the supplier directly.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions may not enforce any of their terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623 of the Laws of Hong Kong).
- The Bank may change the terms and conditions and/or modify/terminate the Promotion. The Bank’s decision is final.
- The English version shall prevail if there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions.