Terms and Conditions for ATM QR Services
- The ATM QR Services (“Services”) facilitate customers who have maintained saving and / or current account with DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”) and have registered for DBS digibank HK app (“Customers”) to generate “ATM QR” on DBS digibank HK app. Customers can share their ATM QR to third party and/or generate their ATM QR for their own use. A depositor of cheque(s) and/or cash may scan the ATM QR at any DBS ATM in Hong Kong and the DBS ATM will automatically retrieve the DBS account number and the partially masked account holder's name for the deposit transaction without requiring the depositor to manually enter the account number.
- Each ATM QR is specific to one DBS account number. The Customer is fully responsible for generating a correct ATM QR for their own use or for sharing with third party if Customer holds more than one DBS account number and/or generating more than one ATM QR.
- The depositor is fully responsible for ensuring that the recipient's account information is accurate and complete before confirming any deposit instruction. The Bank is not responsible for any error contained in such deposit.
- The ATM QR once shared cannot be recalled, cancelled, removed or amended by the Bank. The Bank will not be able to change the Customer's account number and/or the ATM QR for the Customer. Customers are advised to consider carefully before sharing their ATM QR to any third party.
- The ATM QR can be generated on DBS digibank HK app by Customers after logging into the app and can only be used at DBS ATMs in Hong Kong. The ATM QR is valid for 30 calendar days (inclusive of the day on which the QR code is generated).
- Updates to the Services may be issued periodically through DBS digibank HK app from the supplying app store. For some devices, updates will be downloaded automatically. For other devices, Customers will need to download the updates themselves. Depending on the update, Customers may not be able to use the Services until the latest version has been downloaded. Customers are fully responsible for ensuring the latest version has been downloaded to their mobile device for the purpose of using the Services.
- The Bank has the right to suspend a Customer's access to the Services as it seems appropriate.
- Customers must not use the Services on any device or operating system that has been modified outside the mobile device or operating system vendor supported or warranted configurations. This includes devices that have been "jail-broken" or "rooted". A jail-broken or rooted device means one that has been freed from the limitations imposed on it by the Customer's mobile service provider and the phone manufacturer without their approval. The use of the Services on a jail-broken or rooted device may compromise security and lead to fraudulent transactions. Use of the Services in a jail-broken or rooted device is entirely at the Customer's own risk and the Bank will not be liable for any losses or any other consequences suffered or incurred by the Customer as a result.
- Customers are fully responsible for all transactions directly or indirectly arising from the Customers sharing the ATM QR to any third party.
- Customers are fully responsible for ensuring that the information shown or stored on the Customer's mobile device is kept secure.
- If a Customer knows or suspects that any other person knows the Customer's security details, or has used or tried to use them, or if the Customer's mobile device is lost or stolen, the Customer must notify the Bank as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Bank's responsibility and restriction of liability
- While the Bank makes commercially reasonable efforts to provide the ATM QR Services, the Bank is not liable for any failure to provide the ATM QR Services.
- The Services are provided on an “as-is” basis with no representation, guarantee or agreement of any kind as to their functionality. The Bank cannot guarantee that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to the Customer's mobile device in the use of the Services. The Bank is not responsible for any loss the Customer may incur as a result of the Customer's use of the Services.
The Customer understands and agrees that:
- The Customer uses the Services at the Customer's sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Bank expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied.
- The Customer downloads or obtains any material or information through the use of the Services at the Customer's sole risk and discretion. The Customer is solely responsible for any damage to the Customer's computer or other device or loss of data resulting from downloading, obtaining or using such material or information.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing above is intended to exclude or restrict any condition, warranty, right or liability which may not be lawfully excluded or restricted.
- By use, access and/or operation of the Services, Customers accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, terminate and/or modify the Services and/or amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- These Terms and Conditions are available in both English and Chinese versions. The English version shall prevail in the event of any discrepancy.