Terms and Conditions for COMPASS VISA “Overseas and Travelling Transaction enjoy up to 90-day Interest-free Repayment Period” Promotion:
- The COMPASS VISA “Overseas and Travelling Transaction enjoy up to 90-day Interest-free Repayment Period” Promotion (“Promotion”) shall be applicable to cardholders (“Cardholders”) conducting Eligible Transactions (as defined in Clause 2 below) with COMPASS VISA, 3Everyday COMPASS VISA or CV+ (“Applicable Card”) issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the “Bank”, which expression shall include its successors and assigns).
- In respect of this Promotion, “Eligible Transaction” shall mean an Overseas Transaction or a Travelling Transaction.
“Overseas Transaction” shall mean a retail transaction denominated in a foreign currency (being a currency other than Hong Kong dollar or Macau Pataca). For the avoidance of doubt, if a Cardholder settles any overseas transaction by Dynamic Currency Conversion, which provides the option to settle a transaction either in the relevant foreign currency or in Hong Kong dollar, and if the Cardholder had chosen to settle the transaction in Hong Kong dollars (which cannot be changed subsequently), that transaction shall not be considered an Overseas Transaction for the purpose of this Promotion.
“Travelling Transaction” shall mean a transaction for the purchase of any travel products (including hotel reservation, air ticket or package) at a travel merchant (including a travel agency or airline company) as so determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Bank.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following types of transactions are not considered Eligible Transactions for the purpose of this Promotion: cash advance and its handling/administration fees, Card Interest-Free Instalment Loan, Fee Based Instalment Programme, COMPASS VISA Flexi-Shopping Programme, casino chips, foreign exchange, securities transaction, reversed transactions, transaction that has been subject to cancellation, charge-back, return of goods and/or refund or any other categories as the Bank may at its discretion determine from time to time.
- Under this Promotion, an Eligible Transaction conducted with an Applicable Card will be shown as posted to the Cardholder’s Applicable Card account only in the statement following the statement in which it should have originally been posted. As a result, the Cardholder shall be able to enjoy an interest-free repayment period of up to 90 days.
The following example illustrates the mechanics of the Promotion:
Assuming that the statement date is on the 1st day of each month and the payment due date shall be one month from the statement date, if a Cardholder has conducted an Eligible Transaction on 2 August, the Eligible Transaction would originally be posted in the statement to be issued on 1 September and the payment due date for the Eligible Transaction would have been 30 September. Under this Promotion, the Eligible Transaction will be posted in the statement to be issued on 1 October instead and, accordingly, the payment due date for the Eligible Transaction would be deferred to 30 October.
- The available credit limit of the Cardholder's Applicable Card account will be reduced by the whole amount of the Eligible Transaction from the date the Eligible Transaction was conducted.
- If the statement balance of the statement in which the Eligible Transaction should be posted originally is not paid in full on or before the relevant payment due date, finance charge for the Eligible Transaction shall accrue from the day following the date of that statement.
- The Bank reserves the right only to make the Promotion available to Cardholders whose Applicable Card accounts are in good standing, valid and not in default. If the status of a Cardholder’s Applicable Card account has changed, the Bank may terminate the Promotion in respect of the Cardholder without notice.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as well as to vary or terminate the Promotion without notice. In the event of dispute, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding.
- Should there be any discrepancy between the English version of these terms and conditions and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.