“DBS Black World MasterCard® Up to 4X DBS$ Rewards” Terms and Conditions:
- "DBS Black World MasterCard Up to 4X DBS$ Rewards" (the "Promotion") is only applicable to the principal cardholders ("Cardholders") of the DBS Black World MasterCard ("Applicable Credit Card") issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank", which expression shall include its successors and assigns) and who have chosen "DBS$ Redemption Scheme" under the DBS Credit Card DBS$ Reward Scheme.
- Promotion is from 16 May 2016 to 15 July 2016, both days inclusive (the “Promotion Period”).
- To join the Promotion, Cardholders must register DBS Omni membership with an Applicable Credit Card during 16 May 2016 00:00 to 15 July 2016 23:59 (“Registration Period”) via webpage https://cards.dbs.com.hk or DBS Omni mobile, and then finish the Promotion registration according to instruction. Cardholders will be given a reference number for record upon successful registration. Each Applicable Credit Card can only be registered once.
- Cardholders who have failed to register for the Promotion within the Registration Period or have provided incorrect information shall not be eligible for the Promotion. All information provided for registration will be recorded, and cannot be cancelled or amended.
- Promotion details: after Cardholders successfully accumulate Local Retail Transaction (“Local Retail Transaction”, as defined in Clause 6 below) of HK$20,000 (“Target Spending Amount”) within the Promotion Period, the Local Retail Transaction conducted thereafter can earn up to 2X DBS$ Extra Reward (“Extra Reward“) apart from the DBS$ earned under the original DBS$ Redemption Scheme (the "Basic Reward", which is calculated in HK$250 = DBS$2, equals to 2X DBS$), the Extra Reward is as follows:
Inclusion of Basic Reward and Extra Reward, the Local Retail Transaction of Cardholders can earn up to 4X DBS$ Rewards, which the Extra Reward of this Promotion is capped at DBS$160.
- earn 0.5X DBS$ Extra Reward (which is calculated in HK$250 = DBS$0.5) that is capped at DBS$40; and
- if Cardholders successfully made at least one booking of flights and/or hotels at iGO Rewards within the Promotion Period, apart from earning an extra 0.5X DBS$ from the amount of Local Retail Transaction that is mentioned in the above Clause 5.a., Cardholders can also earn another 1.5X DBS$ (which is calculated in HK$250 = DBSS$1.5) from the said transaction, that is capped at DBS$120.
For example: If Cardholders accumulate HK$30,000 Local Retail Transactions during Promotion Period with an Applicable Credit Card, Cardholder will earn the Basic Reward and the Extra Reward at DBS$240 and DBS$20 (extra 0.5XDBS$) respectively, in total of DBS$260; if Cardholders accumulate HK$30,000 Local Retail Transactions and successfully made one booking at iGO Rewards during Promotion Period with an Applicable Credit Card, Cardholder can earn the Basic Reward and Extra Reward equal DBS240, DBS$20 (extra 0.5X DBS$) and DBS$60 (extra 1.5X DBS$) respectively, in total of DBS320.
- For the purpose of this Promotion, “Local Retail Transactions” are all posted local retail transactions. For the avoidance of doubt, the following types of transactions shall not be considered as Local Retail Transactions : Card Interest-free Instalment Loan , non-Hong Kong Currency transactions, cash advances and relevant handling/administration fees, application fee/handling fee and add value of Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service, casino chips, foreign exchange, finance charges, reversed transactions, late charges, credit card annual fee, Call-a-loan, Balance Transfer, Funds Transfer, Fee Based Instalment, insurance payment, tax payment, any bill payment transactions made via DBS iBanking/JET Payment Service of JETCO/24-hour Customer Services Hotline or other available means as specified by the Bank from time to time, transactions that have been subject to cancellation, charge-back, return of goods and/or refund or any other categories of transactions specified by the Bank from time to time.
- The amount of any Local Retail Transactions conducted through any supplementary card under the Applicable Credit Card will be aggregated with that of the principal card account of the Applicable Credit Card.
- Basic Reward will be credited to Applicable Credit Card account automatically after the transaction(s) is posted and be shown in monthly statement. Extra Reward will be credited to Applicable Credit Card account within 3 months after the end of the Promotion Period and be shown in monthly statement.
- The calculations of Basic Reward and Extra Reward for related transaction amount are rounded down to their nearest integral, decimal places (if any) are not counted.
- This Promotion is only available to Cardholders whose credit card accounts are in good standing, remain valid and not in default during the Promotion Period and when the Reward is issued.
- The Reward cannot be transferrable, exchanged for cash, credit limit or other prizes.
- Cardholders must keep the original receipt of each Local Retail Transaction and all registration reference number(s). In case of any disputes, the Bank reserves the right to require the Cardholder to present the original receipt of the Local Retail Transaction, documents and/or evidence for verification. Any receipt, documents and/or evidence submitted to the Bank will not be returned.
- Any fraud and/or abuse of the Promotion will result in forfeiture of your entitlement to the Reward and/or cancellation of all or part of your account(s) with the Bank. The Bank reserves the right to deduct an amount equivalent to the value of the reward awarded to you inappropriately pursuant to any fraud and/or abuse directly from your account(s) held with the Bank without prior notice and/or to take legal action in such instances to recover any such amounts.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as well as to vary or terminate the Promotion. In the event of any dispute, decision of the Bank shall be final and binding on Cardholders.
- In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.